Need help with console commands

Bot

Bot

I like messing around in maps by myself to practice and whatnot, but it looks like Valve disabled a lot of things inL4D2

With the hunter training map, there is a live fire training course where the map is basically laid out like a loop with the survivor bots moving through endlessly. Now some days they do, and some days they just sit there. sb_all_bot_team/game or whatever doesn't work or isn't recognized. It seems to me that there is no rhyme or reason why the bots don't move on some days and it's frustrating since i waste time make futile computer illiterate efforts to fix it. What I did recognize is that on the days the bots move, when I open up the console, the game pauses completely. When the bots don't move and I open the console, everything still moves in the background

I also like opening up campaign maps to play as infected, and that also sometimes doesn't work with no rhyme or reason. It's odd because just yesterday, when I click the single player mode in the main menu, a tab would drop down with campaign, vs, etc options to choose from. Today, it disappeared. So I'm forced to start up a single player game or host a campaign on a local server.

When I open up a map, and type jointeam 3, one of two things happen. It works and I'm able to play as the infected, or it brings up a mini menu that has two buttons, one with a pic of the survivors and the other of the infected. When I click the infected button....nothing happens. I'm able to click the survivor button which brings me back to square 1.

Coding is a foreign language to me, but I really want to figure out what's going on so I can actually play the game how I'd like to. Can someone help please?

Edited by Bot

Bot

lol what merc said. The one in the steam workshop is outdated

In case anyone else had the same problem with hunter training, Crasx figured it out.

go to l4d2 in your steam library, right click pproperties, set launch options, add +allow_all_bot_survivor_team 1
If you want to play on campaign maps, type map "mapname" versus in the console. Once it loads, type sv_cheats 1 and then jointeam 3.
Thanks for you help Crasx
Edited by Bot