Less awkward witch placements?

Bot

Is there a way you can limit the range of witch spawns? Especially with the deadly witches, it's pretty disheartening to see 60+ points wasted with witches spawning in inaccessible areas or out of the way roofs.

i doubt it, it would be hard to distinguish what a valid place is. One possibility would be spawning where someone is looking but then you get into the issue of spawning 5 feet from someone. I'll give it some thought

Or just use the same variable when it comes to spawning in...if you can't spawn in you can't buy a witch (assuming the witch spawns where you're standing). But if you are standing somewhere and you can spawn, then you can buy a witch where you're standing.

• Like 1

Making them spawn within a certain distance of a player would be slightly over powered in my opinion. Especially if dangerous witches is activated unless that player has a shotgun then he is almost certainly dead. This is because Jackie changed the agro distance of the witches a while ago, which I love by the way. I would vote to keep them spawning as they are, you just need to know when to buy them so they are forced to spawn in the desired pathway. That being said I would like to see less rooftop witch spawning as they are completely useless. It's a long shot but, any way to force them to only spawn at a certain height?

Edited by BlackYoshi

I actually wrote a system today that allows infected players to choose where they want to spawn witches while being either in ghost mode or spawned in. Infected players have to be a certain distance away from the Survivors based on who is closest to them and you can only spawn them on the ground, you can't be in the air or anything either. Tested it today and it works perfectly. I would just have to integrate it into the buy menu and whatnot if people want such a thing.

• Like 3

I actually wrote a system today that allows infected players to choose where they want to spawn witches while being either in ghost mode or spawned in. Infected players have to be a certain distance away from the Survivors based on who is closest to them and you can only spawn them on the ground, you can't be in the air or anything either. Tested it today and it works perfectly. I would just have to integrate it into the buy menu and whatnot if people want such a thing.

ooooolongjohnson

please do it. can you add in that little thing with bride witches...too pretty please?

• 2 weeks later...

It seems like the witch spawning has gotten a LOT worse lately. Isn't there a map infected/survivor bots have to follow for walkable areas? Can't you just limit it to that at least. Rooftops are allowed but less awkward than behind walls where no one ever goes.

Dropping them right near survivors may not be too overpowered. Seems we've evolved anyway to some extent with dangerous witches. Most people are just crowning them now, burning them to confuse them (or shooting from far away and killing them since HP are low.)

• 2 weeks later...