FFO 2014 Thoughts

Flitterkill

herewegoagain.png

So, it would appear to be that time again.

Turkeys annihilated... Footballs watched... Fridays appropriately blackened...

Consensus from those attending in 2013 was that a good time was had by all.

The all could and should have been much larger.

Will starting earlier and getting confirms earlier make it bigger? The sooner we get commitments makes the event better all around. More peoples equals more (read: greater than one) sponsors, better swaggening, more games, and so on and so forth.

No polls or anything yet but please do voice willingness to attend such festivities as may be planned, peoples coerced into attending besides yourself. You get the idea.

Black Wolf Hall met with much approval minus the cooling which we've been promised would be dealt with. But location is still wide open. As are the dates (assume mid-June through first week of August as viable).

Have at it.

-Fk

PS: Design subject to change, etc...

I feel like having it at the Black Wolf Hall is a big turn off for most people due to the fact they are leaving their comps somewhere they don't know. Plus, last year the man said the cooling issue would have been taken care of when we got there and it wasn't also another minus for that. The perk of being at a hotel is that rooms are right there. No wasting gas back and forth. What is the pricing and stuff for the hall so I can get an idea of I should shoot for.

As for the logo, I don't really understand the deer/scorpion thing in the middle.

Edited by MaRvIn

As for the logo, I don't really understand the deer/scorpion thing in the middle.

And you never will.... :)

Location is absolutely open for discussion and hotel-based venues have a lot of upside but there are a couple of hitches, some harsher than others.

Cost is generally gonna be more for less space.

Restrictions, often severe, on food/drink in the meeting space. At BWH you could drink and eat whatever whenever. At hotels you may be restricted to a small hospitality space for any food not provided by the hotel *and* there may even be straight up prohibitions on alcohol completely unless security and/or bartenders (paid of course) are present.

Also curfews are not entirely uncommon...

Is it during July/August this year too? if yes, then i will be there :)

I want to go this year :(

You wanna go every year, but you never end up going lol besides you sure you won't be too busy ???

Edited by Avengers

You wanna go every year, but you never end up going lol besides you sure you won't be too busy ???

Might go with my bf :3

But I don't know if I'm going or not. We never discussed it yet.

• Like 2

Might go with my bf :3

But I don't know if I'm going or not. We never discussed it yet.

Jackie, we talked about that ... you're not my boyfriend... you're for those special occasions when my actual boyfriend isnt there !!

• Like 1

Shrug. I like the logo. The very fact that its inexplicable makes it that much more appealing for me. I do prefer a hotel, and quite frankly, even if we get double the attendees, we really wont need that large of a space. The only issues I see regarding a hotel is curfew and food/drinks. If I am flying halfway across the country I damn well want to be able to hang out all weekend 24/7 if I want to.

Shaftiel

• Like 1

I love how our biggest concern is the shirt, and the frag should be a creeper head

any thoughts on location? Is it def going to be ohio near fatty and yer mother? If we consider other places like chicago we would need to factor in higher prices and whatnot, but we would be closer to a main airport.