Tis the Season Giveaway #1: 3 Month XBox Live

Flitterkill

k1fi.jpg

Open to: All who can see this.

Why?: Mirth, merriment, etc.

What I gotta do?: Describe your best gaming moment of the year. Online with others or alone with your bad self. Any game.

I'll either choose a winner on Sunday evening or pull a few choices and poll it up for you rabble to decide.

• Like 2

When i was around 9 years old, my brother bought a PS1. One day he rented a little game called Final Fantasy 7 from our local video store. Our neighbour copied the three discs it came in for us and modified our Playstation so it could run copied games.

Now i'd played games like Crash Bandicoot before, but this was something completely different. The story and especially the fantasy around everything. I think the moment Aerith died was the moment i fell in love with games. Not just the gaming aspect, but also the stories and the complete freedom to lose yourself in a game.

After weeks of playing, i finally finished disc 2. The last 5 or so hours of gameplay and the conclusion of the story were on disc 3. Problem was... disc 3 was broken. My parents refused to rent the game again as it was a one time thing. I finished the game, i never knew how it ended. I played the game again and again, at least 7 playthroughs, but i never finished it.

I can't remember the exact time of it, i think it was January of this year. My girlfriend had bought me a 20euros playstation network card for christmas. I searched the playstation network for a game and stumbled upon... Final Fantasy 7. I played it for a week, doing nothing else. I took my time, finished all the sidequests, watched Aerith die for the hundreth time... and finally finished the game.

If you ask me today, what's the greatest game in history so far: i'll definitely say Final Fantasy 7. However, in the end it wasn't about knowing how the game ended, as much as taking a complete plunge into the fun times i had as a child, playing videogames.

Open to: All who can see this.

What I gotta do?: Describe your best gaming moment of the year. Online with others or alone with your bad self. Any game.

When Cink became an admin, cat's beard is turning into Santa Clause one, no matter how many times he shaves it, Merc is singing Stairways To Heaven, while others is giving chorus from back. Period.

(*groggy wake up*)

Edited by Kuma

Gaming Moment of they Year:

I set up an old Nintendo Wii I had kicking around for my 6 year old. He was desperate to play Lego Star Wars (I mean seriously, crying and begging desperate). It was his first video game ever. So away he goes to try out the game, but he can't make it 1 inch without getting flattened, he is nearly devastated at how hard it is, so he asks me to come in and help. So I join his game and proceed to flatten everything in sight (come on, it's Leo Star Wars and it's bots, not General on the other team). About 2 minutes into the ugly butt-kicking I am giving the bots, my little boy turns, hugs me big time and tells me I am the best and that he loves me.

That was awesome! And no, he is still much too young for L4D2.

Followed the Monkeys to GC one day after quitting CSS for about a year. Always thought san and Dragonfire were ghosting. Joined vent one day made friends with them and Peklz, Beowulf, Dom, Mookie, Barashin, Skyline and others. I miss the late night vent days.

If you're going to do more giveaways I have some extra steam games to give out.

Edited by onyxdragoon