Tell us what your name means

Elvis

I moved to the dorms in 2000 and found counter strike shortly after. I was playing as all_kill_no_filler. My room mate was playing under my name more than I was. One day we decided to play under different names. I just changed my name to the band I was listening to. I never had any intentions on making it permanent. A few years ago I switched to 'fx' for short.

• Like 1

I only saw the Big Lebowski for the first time about two months after joining GC. Everyone kept talking about that movie to me, i figured i should at least watch it.

Did you enjoy the movie that everyone thinks your name was derived from?

Honestly i did not. I liked the character of The Dude a lot, but the fat guy whose name i forget just annoyed me to no end. But it had some really good scenes (with the funeral, the bowling Jesus, ...) so i get the whole cult classic status it got.

I only saw the Big Lebowski for the first time about two months after joining GC. Everyone kept talking about that movie to me, i figured i should at least watch it.

Did you enjoy the movie that everyone thinks your name was derived from?

Honestly i did not. I liked the character of The Dude a lot, but the fat guy whose name i forget just annoyed me to no end. But it had some really good scenes (with the funeral, the bowling Jesus, ...) so i get the whole cult classic status it got.

MFW

Walter.jpg

sebaka means dog in russian

it is also my last name

err... since when "sebaka" means dog?

No idea. Is that question facetious? Do you already know the answer? If so, why ask it in the first place, why not just correctly define the word? Who are you really? Are you an alien bent on world domination? Do you even like dogs? How about hot dogs? Maybe you only like fish. I don't know.

Shaftiel

sebaka means dog in russian

it is also my last name

err... since when "sebaka" means dog?

No idea. Is that question facetious? Do you already know the answer? If so, why ask it in the first place, why not just correctly define the word? Who are you really? Are you an alien bent on world domination? Do you even like dogs? How about hot dogs? Maybe you only like fish. I don't know.

Shaftiel

I love the way your logic works. In fact, I love you, dogs, cats, fish, my family. Perhaps, I know an answer, but what is the question? It's been a awhile since I visited Russia, language might have evolved and some words could have changed. So what is the question? Well it depends upon what you ask. Whether sebaka is a new word for dog in Russian or when did it became a Russian word... Who knows.

I hit a growth spurt in High school that ended with me at 6'8" 350lbs also I'm rather hairy. My friends began to call me "Daaa Bear" (from the classic SNL skit) which made me pick a gamer tag that was related to, but not as plain-jane as, DaBear. Also i've been recorded throwing small fallen trees at larger trees to break up for firewood.

• Like 2

So, back in the days of dialup bbs's, ya know 91-94'ish (for me anyway) I needed a nickname for the local boards I called and played hi-tech games like Hangman, LORD, and Trade Wars on. My favourite comic was X-Men, but Wolverine was taken on the boards I was on, and even if not, once you've seen that name on a local board, you don't want to be confused for the other user. So I started out as Professor X, soon after I changed it to Dr. X for the villain in Operation Mindcrime before I decided I needed something better. One of my favourite bands at that time was The MisFiTs, so I grabbed the "MisFiTs" cd (later titled Collection I) and the last track was Wolfsblood, which was a misspelling of the original title Wolf's Blood.

I've been Wolfsblood ever since for every online game, and every online community I've been a part of. I also get really tinkled if I join an online forum and somebody has stolen my name. I'm like the Highlander: There can be only one.

I also look surprisingly like my avatar, so that's also appropriate.

Wolfsblood.

Edited by Wolfsblood
  • Like 1

My reason is rated 18+ xD

No really its because my ex boyfriend had a cat named tsunamibecause when she walked her belly hair formed a kind of wave on the sides

Also because i was flipping all my hair on one side of my head and it looked like a wave so tsunami was the nickname my ex and his friends gave to me

When we went L.A.R.P.-ing one weekend i was some kind of water priest or something like that so my player name stayed as tsunami

Originally on steam my nickname was Zynke and that was my graffiti name and that came from a code we had to enter to have access to our computers in highschool. My only friend who was doing graffiti with me was sitting next to me in the computer lab and her code was sinky so I changed it to Zynke so thats the origins of my names :P

• Like 1

From my limited knowledge of Russian (which is so small), pronounced with se, but spelled as so(co).

Pronounced So-bah'-kah as well, not Se-.

Sebaka may sound similar but is wrong.

Yea if youre sober.

Yeah, because Russians are known for their sobriety.

• 3 weeks later...

Put a banana in your ear: I put this as my steam name as a total joke from the charlie the unicorn youtube videos. Now I figure most people on the gc server know me by that name so I don't want to confuse everybody by changing it.

• Like 3

Somehow I feel like I've posted this before...

Anyways. Way back in 1998 when I got my 3rd or 4th PC. One that could actually connect to the internet I signed up for my first email service (Juno!). I didn't want to use my name and the game I was disgustingly into at the time was Final Fantasy 7. So, my first email was Limitbreaks. I used this for email and chat. I was a frequent user in Game Room: 1 on Yahoo chat and all the other regulars started calling me Limit. I used this later when we started using Cheetachat and I made my next name, Automatic_for_the_Limit. Combining my favorite R.E.M. album and my already established name of Limit. It's been shortened to AutomaticLimit in recent years but everyone still recognizes me as Limit.

Actually, I've named my upcoming freelance graphic design business AutomaticLimit as well.

S.

• Like 2