Bob Lee has passed away

Guest Bob

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has it seriously been 5 years? I still remember the feeling in my gut when I first read this topic.

I also have to say that this topic (actually the responses) are just one more reason I value this place so highly.

It's the fact that (even with me being absent for about 2 years), this place still feels more like a community of friends and relatives rather than the usual random donkey butts you get from some online forums. And I felt that way long before going to an FF.

• 3 months later...

I joined sept 10, 03 and this thread slowly adds more posts.

I never played with Bob Lee, but everytime I scroll this thread my heart sinks. Knowing you guys for 5 years has been a serious blessing

and from reading peoples posts on him, I realize he is missed.

It's good to know you all are good and sensitive people.

God Bless

• 4 months later...
It's the fact that (even with me being absent for about 2 years), this place still feels more like a community of friends and relatives rather than the usual random donkey butts you get from some online forums. And I felt that way long before going to an FF.

It's so true though. I've been here and gone for the past 3 maybe 4 years and everytime I come back, it seems as if no one has ever left. The same cool people in a community just having a good time. I plan on fully coming back one day to frag with you all again. I remember like it was yesterday reading this thread for the first time. I never did play with Bob but he is still in my prayers and so is his family.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Currently assembling a GC Timeline/History page and am working through older FragFest and further back material. With so many forum upgrades and, well, ten years of internets, pictures and links drift away and are lost. Dredged up this.

For posterity, what happened, wrapped in spoiler tags for those who'd rather not read...

Rushing from the garage to the house, Scott Boardman was shot by his girlfriend’s ex-husband,

Frank Lunkley, 48.

On the morning of the murder,Scott and his live-in girlfriend and her two sons, ages

8 and 10, were all in her car in the garage as Frank drove into the driveway and rammed the back of their

car. Sensing something was very wrong, Scott’s girlfriend directed her sons to run from the scene and

Scott to go into the house. Scott suffered from a permanent leg injury from a previous car accident so

he could not run. As she followed so did Frank with his handgun. He immediately fired five shots at

Scott and then fled to the basement where he shot and killed himself. Scott died in the living room as he

tried to reach the back door.

Frank and Scott’s girlfriend had been married for 15 years and their uncontested divorce was finalized in

December 2002. She and Scott began dating and had been living in her house for about two months prior

to the murder. Frank’s family reported that recently Frank had become concerned that Scott was

assuming a father role with his children.

Frank Lunkley had no prior criminal record.

Scott Boardman is survived by a four-year-old son from a previous relationship.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 years later...