Bob Lee has passed away

Guest Bob

Guest Bob
Guest Bob

I didn't know where to post this terrible news but Bob Lee passed away last Thursday at the age of 31. He was shot and killed. He thought so much of all of you and could not talk about you without laughing. He was living with me and my children. He leaves behind a 4 year old son and many many people who loved him. Everyone who knew him couldn't leave without laughing about something he said or did. I just want to thank all of you for giving him your friendship. God Bless All of You and please remember him and his son in your prayers. Thank you.

My e-mail address is fla4@excite.com if you have any questions or anything. Thanks.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My initial response was the overwhelming urge to deny that this is a real statement. I wanted to believe that BobLee was now going to go by Bob, or change his ingame character. But I felt the tingle in my arms that moved to my stomach and head and dulled my vision and I was overcome by the realization that BobLee is no longer with us. BobLee is the single person that I have always attributed to me sticking around these servers long enough to join the community. A player said something was "g.ay" and BobLee repeatedly punished the guy by "slaying" him and "slapping" him around the map. While not acting as an admin, he was helpful, friendly, and team oriented...not to mention skilled.

While I never met BobLee in real life, he has had a very real impact in my real life. He has affected me and I know that his contribution here must be only a small shadow of the impact that he made as a man in the real world. I grieve for your loss and send you all of the strength that I can offer. I am touched by your loss and pray for you and your children.

-_-

May you find some comfort in the rememberances of the man I knew I as BobLee.

Chief

Kinda puts all the BS around here in perspective. Nobody deserves this.

I'm having a picture edited for sort of a small initial tribute.

I will also look into it a little more. Some people have pulled some sick jokes around here...I'm hoping this is one of them. If not, then it's a sad, sad day.

oh my........

Well, i didn't really know Bob all that well, but i did have a really good time with him last year when he came to Cleveland. I can't believe this has happened to such a nice person. My heart goes out to his family, his friends, and most of all Bob himself. If there is anything at all that i can do for the family please contact me. Dindas01@hotmail.com

:(:(:(

golly gee!. Toka sent me this forum page and my heart dropped. You say he was shot? How did this happen? This is so sad and terrible. I remeber playing with him not too long ago. He has been not too active in the recent history, but i do remeber when he used to be very active and he used to abuse admin so much. What a great guy. He was the first person i remember to abuse admin by slapping and slaying anyone who said anything to p*ss him off or anyone who broke any rules. Those were great times.

I will miss you boblee

my prayers go out to your family

I'm sooo sorry to hear about your loss, really makes life more important then what you may think it is. This is a precious gift that God has given us, let's cherish it.

My prayers and deepest condolences to you and your family

Scott

Lord, please tell me this is a joke. Bob was my first "CS friend" and the one who invited me into Mmmm. He also was the one who approached me at my peak and had me prove my skill to him. He was a straightforward guy and in a round about way, my friend. Please tell me this is a joke.

:(:(:(

Edited by gOOters

Needless to say, an unfortunate situation. I only knew Bob through in

game, and enjoyed playing with and teasing him. I was looking forward to

meeting him, along with all of you. If I had not been a part of this community,

I likely would not have played CS as long as I have now, which really put things

in perspective on a special situation we have here. Bob was a part of that

community that made it special. We may be at a loss of a friend and a community

player, but there is a boy who will not have the chance to spend time with his

father in the future, which truly makes this a terrible incident. Bob will be missed!

Edited by linch

I remember the good 'ole days with Bob. The time I got to abuse him on the S!d server, and the times we spent on AIM chatting away about our future plans. Bob was a kind man, who had a passion for a great game. He made it fun for many other people, and he will never be forgotten. I remember the times he would "drop by" and play de_scud2k1 with us on the servers... Bob tried to help many people with his kindness and generosity. When S!d had server troubles he offered one to us virtually free.

Bob, I miss you already, you were a true friend even though I never met you in real life.

My thoughts, prayers, and bans go out to Bob, and the son and family he left behind.

We will always remember you Bob,

Gunny

wow i simply cant believe it! i've played CS with Bob on numerous occasions and i had the chance to met him last year at fragfest. I always liked playing CS with Bob 'cause i always new that if i followed him from the start i had a better chance of surviving the round.

Bob will be missed. Ill say a prayer for him and his family tonight.

I dont know what to say, I mean Ive talked to him before and played with him in the day, but I never thought this would come up in the forums. I hope that this is not true, and if it isnt then the guy who made this should be shot, but BobLee Ill send up a prayer for you and your family.

Like many of you, I’ve never met Bob in person. He’s been there for as long as I can remember. He played a big part in making this community fun and interesting. And I can’t bring myself to believe anyone would make a joke of such a horrible thing. It’s a shocking thing for someone so young. It makes you (and rightly so) re-evaluate certain things in your life. :(