Bob Lee has passed away

Guest Bob

Billy has a great idea there.

you can put shirts with bob stuff on them and for each $20 shirt $5 goes to the fund for Bob's kid

you can do tons of things, not just shirts

Then I'm happy I found that website then

What a depressing event.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very saddened to hear this news. I've talked, played and known Bob_Lee for some time now. I will not profess to say that I know him better than some here but I have my share of memories with the man and my share of great talks over IM. I even stalked him as he moved from server to server over the years. Hahaha. Great times. He and the BlackOps guys (pre-DOH) of old had a great relationship and even provided us our first forum and website. Our relationship continued into DOH and he joined in many major internal DOH conversations and was always a hoot to be around. Some might say that he was rough around the edges. Some might say that he took some things too far. But all of us will say that he was undoubtedly a man of great spirit, strength, integrity and honor. He will be sorely missed.

To our fallen comrade:

Like a soldier on the battlefield that we call life,

We will carry you and your name with us,

In our hearts wherever we may go.

In heaven and in your time with us,

You were loved by all,

And will forever be missed.

In memory, Scott L. Boardman. (A.k.a Bob_Lee)

We'll miss you Scott....

found another link, didn't know if this was new or not

http://cf.rrstar.com/obituaries/fullobit.c...fm?obitid=21531

About 13 months ago Scott and I were going to meetup at this anime convention in Rosemont, IL...we were talking on the phone about it, and he had told me to look for the bald guy with the biohazard tattoo, and I laughed for a moment thinking it was a joke, but he corrected me...we never met up that weekend...I learned when I got back home that he had come to the convention for only an hour or so I think, as he had a tight schedule that day, and with such a big crowd it was hard to find a single person. I'm going to the convention again this year, and a week ago, I was planning on calling him up to see about catching up with him this time...it makes me miss him more

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Reading through this has made me sad. I have lost a few of my best friends, including my first girlfriend and I know it is a terrible thing. Makes you appreciate those that you still have just that much more.

Hmmm, so many things to say. I guess it was weird for me to meet Bob (online)

for the first time, as my name is Robert Lee ******, so I felt kinda special that

someone would use my real name to play as.

I guess I knew Bob as good as I know most of you, esp. the old schoolers here.

But he was always kinda and considerate, if you gave him the chance.

Such a freaking waste...why...

I guess the good die young.

I love you Bob.

You will be missed.

redeyez

PS... Thanks for never banning/slapping/slaying me...now I feel kinda left out.

Wow. I passed over this topic because I thought it was a joke.

Just tonite I wondered what could possibly be so funny to be pinned for so long.

Then I clicked . . .

This is a terrible tragedy. 2 people dead, 3 children without fathers and countless people hurt.

Bob Lee was a blast to play with when I played. He was truly the only guy who seemed to play worse than me ;)

He was also the one who recruited me into Mmmm. Some of my funnest times in CS was when we were picking on each other.

This is just difficult to fathom.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest chadmcdonald
Guest chadmcdonald
Guest chadmcdonald
Guests

wow, prayers go out from all the guys at Flat Rock MI

We all new bob, and it was always good to see him in the servers. This kinda makes me realize how much I've gotten to know all of you over the past three years. I think this makes us appreciate what a fine little corner of the game we have here where we can meet outstanding people like Bob Lee...

Guest ZeroSignal
Guest ZeroSignal
Guest ZeroSignal
Guests

I, too, like chadmcdonald aka Duke, give my prayers out to the family of Bob Lee. I realized how much this little community of honorable CS players means to me. It all came into perspective. I thank each and every one of you for being in my life, becuase without you all, I could not have grown or still grow, into the person I am or will be.

Bob Lee, no matter what your religion was, may god keep you in his presence and bless you everyday of your eternity. Rest In Peace my friend...

• 2 weeks later...

I feel so bad.... I only got a small chance to ever play with bob lee. I didn't know him very well... and I've been gone so long that I barely remember ANYTHING about him. It makes me sad that this has happened. Everytime I play CS now... I think i'll think of his memorial pic on the mmmm main page :(:(

• 1 month later...

yeah...I'm glad Fatty put his name on the tshirts....don't wanna ever forget such a cool guy.

Jello had to ask me who Bob_Lee was and whether it was a joke....I enjoyed explaining it to him and telling him WHY Bob_Lee was worthy of staying in our memories....