What ridiculous stupid settings should I be using for CSGO?

VooDooPC

I have no idea what is going on, but I'm getting horrible frame rates.. Aztec was in the 40's last night. I reinstalled a few weeks ago and it seemed to help a little bit. I think I'm going to do a format when I get the time.

Interestingly I found if I'm getting bad FPS if I close firefox that CSGO performance gets significantly better. I'm not sure if it has something to do with FireFox itself or maybe flash but I was lagging badly on several maps and confirmed that closing FireFox will smooth things out significantly.

Interestingly I found if I'm getting bad FPS if I close firefox that CSGO performance gets significantly better. I'm not sure if it has something to do with FireFox itself or maybe flash but I was lagging badly on several maps and confirmed that closing FireFox will smooth things out significantly.

lol really? Dude, I close and end all background programs and applications to get the most performance of my system and Internet, and yet I'm getting fps drop, spike lag, and people complaining about me warping around. Regardless that I have the best Internet Comcast can offer (premium business grade). And my PC can run most recent games on ultra settings. Also I live 5 miles away from NFO server. So I only can blame VALVe.

lol really? Dude, I close and end all background programs and applications to get the most performance of my system and Internet, and yet I'm getting fps drop, spike lag, and people complaining about me warping around. Regardless that I have the best Internet Comcast can offer (premium business grade). And my PC can run most recent games on ultra settings. Also I live 5 miles away from NFO server. So I only can blame VALVe.

My PC is 5 years old, except the video card which I replaced early this year with the previous gens model (my mobo isn't PCIE 3.0) and it runs smooth for me. Maybe a routing issue or something perhaps, or maybe crapcast is having a poor connection for you. I can only guess.

Game runs at 300 fps for me at pretty much all times, even custom maps. Iv noticed that if you join the server when in windows, using the steam server browser, you will have massive fps lag randomly in game. To defeat this, load csgo as you would any game, and join servers from in the game not outside it. No idea why this works, but it has been working for me. If i don't, i will have 300 fps for a map or two, and then randomly lag down to 60 fps for no reason at all. As far as the games graphics, my 780TI doesn't even work in this game, i get 300 fps with around 30 % GPU usage, and that's when i force transparent super sampling 16x AA to get rid of fence jaggies. If you need more performance, buy a new cpu. My 2600k @ 4.6 ghz chops this game into little chunks.

Thanks.

I played some last night and the settings seemed fine without me touching anything. I don't know if it was something the server did or some settings a forget I set a long time ago. My rates and stuff seemed like they were set to what they should be.