Anyone playing Rust?

turnbullTeRRoR

Its like minecraft.......but not block life its depicting real life fps survival. Any of you want to form a band to protect and pvp others I'm diggin this game so far. Me and my pal Ripped have forted up on one server ran by someone he knows but its not been very populated so were thinking about moving our party else where to a more populated and hostile environment. Also - there are zombies!!! Its still in alpha phase and there is a crap ton of stuff I hope they do but its fun so far so if they implement all the things I'd like it'd be awesome!

I feel the same way but it was gifted to me so I've didn't have any fears going in. It's pretty darn fun fort'n up so far. Had a couple of encounters. Pretty sure one guy was trolling us asking for supplies and following us at a distance and type talking. If I had a gun I may have wasted the dude but it was my first time playing and all I had was a rock.

well I woke up saturday morning @ 9 am. I did not go to bed untill 1am Monday morning. This game is crack someone please help!.............

I need more metal fragments :D

its early they gotta lotta improving to do but its pretty nice as is. My complaints

no mini map/ or map at all ( kinda helps the real survive feel though with out it)

you have to be right up on someone and have your cross hair on them for names to pop up - in this case I like warz/ infestations system of invited people to group in game so their names if friendly show up over there heads all the time. We had some PVP yesterday I died because I stopped shooting because I thought the guy was part of our group/ same armor/ same colors we were all tangled up fighting for air drops

before I commit ........this isn't minecraft......... I"mmma break in a steal your stuff right? right? thats what this games all about survival and getting better equipment! PVP is what makes the game fun imo. That chance of running into random people discovering peoples houses and ducking with you hear guns shot sfire and you start looking in all the directions.

then that plane flys over the map dropping air drops of goods and all near by players flock to the drops and war ensues over the goods. Or you can discreetly wait it out and kill the last man standing with all the goods and take them for yourself......:D

You guys need to work on your embed skills...

hey man I tried like 4 different variations on a link a few weeks ago so I just gave up. BTW you can spray a bit with the M4 in game but you definitly have to practice controlling it / down pull. I looked at the wiki and they have a bolt action rifle for long range but apparently its extremely rare but strong

well it is alpha(with many ugly placeholders for now just so the game is playable) and Dayz(original) Warz? infestation/ dayz standalone and Rust are all very similar and all very similarly graphicallly challenged. Its probably got something to do with the wide open world and multitudes of clients playing on it. I cannot see the FPS and registry needed for a game like this being ran on cutting edge graphics. I know rust is source engine. Not sure about the rest. But here its contents over appearance. I started playing last night around 8-9 ish didnt stop till 11 this morning........Even @ lan partys for CS I never played CS that much straight. Sure we took little breaks last night/ this morning but it was just run get something to drink before another raid assaults your self-styled fortress. I mean the strategy of it all is whats so cool about it, and you rove a round in packs in a meaningful way. This morning, Rippedd( real life friend) Bskool and I saw a large amount of air drops and we went to investigate. We had just made a great loot run that netted everything we desperately needed ...... but his could be the motherload of all drops( it was the largest mass I'd ever seen)....... we snuck down to the valley and one of us calls I see one , no two. Ok well its 3 on 2 we can run them off and take the spoils or we could just play it safe after such a nice run and head for our safe house. We went for the gold! ,but then another person appeared who was apparently their ally, This was cause for concern and even match up on their turf, but it was to late. W e were committed and out in the open so we made the call All three of us went after the first guy who was seperated a little from the others. We took him down with ease 3 on 1 and as we started a fire fight with the other 2 they decided what ever they had gotten was enough and they melted away into the mountains. The prize was ours. Sure one of the two idiots kept popping his head up and taking pot shots at us. Till 2 of us feinted a rush at the mountain One laying down cover fire the other flanking. Just another day in the life of Rust.

I've watched Ebil play this on her twitch stream. Cooperation is key. If you can get even a small group of people together right from the beginning you have a huge advantage over the other players. I think the most unique thing about this game is the crafting, otherwise it's just a huge rush for materials and surviving the animals and other players. The actual "world" will be giant once it goes to official release. The alpha map is still pretty large though.

Making your "base" takes some forethought and you need to plan ahead to survive later in the game. People can actually rob and kill you when you're logged out so if you're not careful you can go to sleep and wake up the next day with all of your stuff gone.

Still, it's interesting. I've watched Ebil a couple of times and still find it intriguing. If GC had a server and got enough outside players to make it interesting I'd throw down and join.

S.

Just played 24 hours of this game since Friday night. So addicted. Found a decent server with admins on all the time so no problems with hackers. Also Jackie and Biggs both met up with me last night and we have a pretty decent start of a place. Great game, rough around some spots, but it's in alpha and I can't imagine how much better it will be some day.

you need to add me as well dragon fire

I play on one awesome pvp server- door sharing- instat craft- starter kit ( metal door, 50 planks, mp5, shotgun, shells for both and cloth armor, and food) Its a face paced server where no fortress remains safe long. Its all about the pvp- the fun way to play it is to get- 3-5 people give all the wood to one person and run up to Rad zone real close build up a pvp fort and defend the town ! much fun

Rust story of the day. I Joined a new server tonight started my build. Guy comes raiding my furnace and cook fire and one little storage box. I was in the midst of building my little hovel just added 2 metal doors to each end of and one was open. As I was in my little 2 foundation building I heard footsteps in the gravel and I'm like that dudes gonna take my stuff. Luckily I had a shotgun from a town loot run though only 5 shells and a bow and 4 arrows I had crafted earlier. So I flank the spot cuz I have no idea what this guy is packing. I saw him bent over my stuff but I was to far away for an effecive shot gun blast so I just fired a warning shot over him. He popped up had either a 9mm or a p250. He freaks out and runs into my open door so chase and lock him inside. Dude logs off quickly. I'm like what that freak. After about 5 mins he logs back in and starts beggin me to let him out. I really wanted to tell him to suicide so I could get my stuff and his but I'm nice like that I told him to toss his gun down and throw all my stuff down / he does and he leaves. As he's leaving he chats I was just scared man I guess I'm heading out into this lonely world.

• Like 1

I can't play games like this. I trust too many people, and I end up dying every time. I'd rather form an alliance than fight someone, but there's always that guy who gives you his trust and then backstabs you as soon as it looks beneficial to him. It gets frustrating, and I end up not liking playing after only a few times of this happening.