DayZ Standalone

Fenix

Not sure if this should be in MMO section, or FPS section as it's a combo of both.

Anyways, now that the standalone is available, how many people from GC are interested in playing? I used to play with a group of friends until the game was massively infected with hackers. Most servers are private ones, and usually there's only 1 admin on at a time...or 0 for the most part. So you know where I'm going with this....

Based on the amount of people on GC that play the game, would it be feasible to start a DayZ server? Since we have so many admins, including 1 that plays (Dragonfire.gc), I think we could get a successful server going. I know it costs a pretty penny, so I wanted to just get some thoughts on if it's possible or not.

And if not, then I'd still like to see how many of you would play the game, or have played the Mod in the past. It's incredibly addicting, and makes for some fun times if you get a small group of people going. Right now the game is in Alpha, and the devs don't expect a Beta until a year from now. Not sure if the game will ever reach a full release mode, but so far the game has drawn in quite a few players!

The game is still in Alpha and I would not recommend anyone really buying this until a lot of bugs have been worked out. It still is pretty much up to par with how the mod worked with some new additions. This game isn't for everyone though and definitely not a kid friendly game. I would be up for helping to admin if this happened someday, but not sure if it's quite ready yet. I enjoy Day Z a whole lot more with friends and my friends aren't always playing this, so it would be awesome to have GC people to always play with. Servers are still having issues though with hackers even though it is better than when it wasn't standalone.

try out rust. I thnk I like it better than dayz and infestation. I have a lot of friends who've played both. They are all concentrating on Rust atm. But its still in alpha also so......take it for what its worth.... its pretty much a merge of dayz and minecraft

Edited by turnbullTeRRoR

Yeah Jack asked me about Day Z. I told him not to buy it yet if he had never played, but he enjoyed what he heard about. So he bought it and plays a lot more than I do right now. I've seen Rust in action, doesn't really interest me at the moment, but maybe in the future. Rust just seems sad to me lol. You build a home for hours, maybe with some friends. You leave, come back and hackers or just anybody ruined your hours of fun. And people seem even more ruthless in Rust hehe. I've met some friendly people in Day Z with lots of stories to tell from being with them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The game is a lot of the same mechanics as the Arma mod so even though its in alpha its still really well done. I've done a lot of pre-release game testing and dayz is hands down the best one i've played in terms of keeping out the game breaking bugs. Thats just my opinion though.

• 1 month later...

I've been looking at getting day z, even though it's in alpha. Participating in alpha greatly assists the developers (and supports them.)

However, I've been playing nether here and there, haven't tried rust, and for <insert deity here> sake, please don't talk about infestation (the war Z)