Prayer request

I rarely share anything relating to my private life here. I have to "break character" and be serious for once. So here goes.

I would appreciate your prayers while I am separating from my wife of 24 years. We have one daughter 22, so no young ones involved. Just kinda hard to be "in the middle of it" right now.

There hasn't been any cheating or other sin or crime. It's just been 6 years of a slow burn of discontent. In some ways it would be easier to deal with if I could point my finger at a specific offence. I mean, I still love her, I just can't stand her....and she feels the same about me.

We are still living together although our decision has been made. Even though life is different, we are continuing to be nice, since there is no reason to be angry. We are trying to be nice about the leagal stuff too. I have an attorney that will write up the docs, as long as we both agree to the terms it should be a done deal. I hope things happen fast. Like pulling off a bandaid. Its gonna hurt, make it quick.

Thanks

Mic

I'm really sorry for the pain of this time in your life. I personally never recommend divorce unless there has been infidelity, but I'm not a judge of your situation. No matter how easy it is, it'll still be really hard and no matter how you and your wife feel your daughter will probably take it hard, even if she doesn't show it. Make sure to be there for her through this. My prayers are with you for wisdom and peace. God bless you.

• 4 weeks later...