Tank spawn

Badguy

I am not sure if this is a unique problem or not but, on The Passing finale i was not able to spawn in my 4th tank buy. I remember hearing someone say they had this problem at the same time but I'm not sure who. It was 8~ infected (mostly new players) v 4 remaining survivors (very experienced players) and they lasted nearly forever. I managed to buy 4 different tanks and the first 3 spawned in fine but the fourth would not spawn in at all. I ended up having to wait the timer out instead of spawning so it would pass to the next person who would be able to easily spawn in.

Any way just thought forums should know.

There are only 2 tanks allowed in game, three maximum if tank limit is purchased. If you buy when two are active then its queued up and will spawn you in when your next available. If that wasn't the issue then occasionally when a lot of tank activity and such is going on the server can get overwhelmed and will occasionally eat the tank you purchased. It has happened to me a handful of times in my time on the server. The only surefire way that I have found to help it out is to make sure that there is an open slot to spawn as a tank so its not queued up 3rd or 4th in line.

(edited)

There were no tanks alive, and it did not exactly eat the tank - only I was not able to spawn in as a tank. I ended up having to wait out the timer in infected spawn mode (that timer apparently only ticks down when the player is in spawn mode) so I could be passed up and give the tank to someone else. The person who received the tank was able to spawn it in immediately.

Edited by Badguy

Not to be condescending, but you can't spawn out of ghost mode while being in the line of sight of the survivors. After you buy the tank you need to find an area out of the survivors line of site to spawn in and you will automatically spawn in as the tank. If that's not the case then let me make sure I know how this whole thing went down, you were spawning in after buying the tank but were not turning into the tank?

pretty sure this happened to me a few times as well, not recently though. i would just buy a tank (dont remember conditions) and i would just not be able to spawn in - i think it wouldnt let me ghost?

other times my tank straight up disappears liike not even added to queue but probably because its one of 2-4 that gets bought at the same time