The hunter needs to be toned down.

Garychios

we could spend a month gathering data on the average amount of damage an infected does and use that to balance out each type. but you have to consider how it would affect the game. does equality make things exciting? would it even help?

As it currently stands the numbers are based off of random values that were decided many moons ago by the programmer... and of course they are going to have bias. I remember being able to get 20+ point spits on the reg then buying a tank for 30 points, but all that changed over time because of civil unrest.

I don't know where im going with this

dont forget that hunters are trash if they get skeeted.

That!, I get skeeted 90% of the time specially if survivor have AWP.

In my case when I pounce or skeet I've to think 1.5 seconds ahead of what I am hearing/seeing because of my high latency, making both things extremely hard, specially in very high pounces like in Hard Rain or in open areas where the survivor can go in every direction, so in my case, it does require some skills, I am still terrible at it.

Im with Gary on this. Its not about points but teamwork. Playing ONLY hunter until you get a tank all the time i think is a selfish way to play. Same people over and over and when I say anything all i hear is same old bragging bout their skills. Hell even this thread has some nice humble bragging. Dont care about changing points, teamwork is what made this sever so good.

• Like 1

Thing is though is that its exactly what people are complaining about. I doubt that reducing the amount of points one gets as a Hunter is going to stop people from playing them any less than they are now. I know that it wouldn't stop me at all and probably all of the good Hunter players either.

then rather than toning down hunters, how about toning up other class inf so they can get more achievements? cause right now hunters have the most with 3 achievements. the others have 1-2 class specific ones.

broken down: hunter 3, charger 2, jock 2, smoker 2, spitter 1, boomer 1

Edited by oakgyrl510
  • Like 1

Thing is though is that its exactly what people are complaining about. I doubt that reducing the amount of points one gets as a Hunter is going to stop people from playing them any less than they are now. I know that it wouldn't stop me at all and probably all of the good Hunter players either.

Then why not do it and see what happens, rather than saying it won't make a difference? If you truly believe reducing the points hunters get will not change how often people play hunters, then just tone down their points and be done with it. Why bother arguing the fact that people play hunters because they earn high points for their skill...when you just said that it wouldn't make a difference if the points were reduced for hunters?

I can tell is that all I would see next on the forums is that Tanks don't appear as often anymore and that Survivors have it too easy, then to nerf the Survivors, then to nerf the Infected, etc. etc etc.

I did however come up with an idea for the Hunters if I were ever to implement it and that would be to implement some kind of diminishing returns on Hunters after the first successful high DP, the next high DP would reward less and less, etc. etc. and would reset after like 3-5 minutes. Don't remember if anyone else brought it up earlier on or anything.

I can tell is that all I would see next on the forums is that Tanks don't appear as often anymore and that Survivors have it too easy, then to nerf the Survivors, then to nerf the Infected, etc. etc etc.

Remember that thread we had about having too many tanks? I think one circumstance was that there were 14 tank-spawn kills in a round for just 1 team. I don't think we'll run into that problem any time soon if you nerf hunter points.

Edited by Fenix

Jackie's idea is an idea I wouldn't mind being implemented. I'm not defending hunters to the end of the earth against nerfs but rather I want to break the misconception some of our players have around here, or the very least open their mind a little. I rather have a way to reduce the hunters instead of a direct number nerf to a class.

Even though I said that I wouldn't update the buy plugin anymore, I'm willing to come back and maybe try to implement this...

As it currently stands the numbers are based off of random values that were decided many moons ago by the programmer... and of course they are going to have bias. I remember being able to get 20+ point spits on the reg then buying a tank for 30 points, but all that changed over time because of civil unrest.

When I was doing points based off of damage, I was going purely based off of the input that was returned back to me whenever the "Damaged Survivors +x.xx" came up and tweaked it as necessary so one class didn't get drastically as much points as another one when pinning them, spitting them, or scratching them. Heck, I think it's fairly balanced.

The way it was before was literally just "damage a Survivor 3 times, 8 times as spitter, get static amount of points".

well I think the point of this is that its too easy to rack up tank points. It's rare that you get 15+ points on a single spawn from any other class.

This is exactly the core problem, esp if the survivors have numerous ppl who like to heal / stand still in the open. You get 50 pts early before the chokepoint, the game is already over, nothing survivors can do. Sure, you can just skeet / deadstop them cause your aiming skills and awareness are so good, but sometimes one or two particular survivors will just keep getting pounced on repetitively right out of the saferoom, you won't even get a chance to buy a decent weapon to skeet with.

Points for pouncing an incap should definitely be reduced, it doesn't do much in terms of teamwork, and compared to the earlier stages of the server, many more ppl can now easily do it, that's why it needs to change with the times.

• Like 1

While I still prefer a straight nerf, I'd be okay with the diminishing returns idea if it came with an additional reduction in points for pouncing incapped survivors. 25 damage on an incapped survivor is worth much less than 25 damage on an upright survivor in my opinion.

A direct points nerf isn't going to solve the problem much as you think it would. It would still be the most effective damage and biggest points reward.

The problem we can all obviously agree on is that incapped survivors are easy target and pounces. Nothing else should be of a factor, let it be teamwork or playstyle.

Remember that thread we had about having too many tanks? I think one circumstance was that there were 14 tank-spawn kills in a round for just 1 team. I don't think we'll run into that problem any time soon if you nerf hunter points.

killing 14 tanks sounds like fun. do you want every round to have 1 tank max?

then rather than toning down hunters, how about toning up other class inf so they can get more achievements? cause right now hunters have the most with 3 achievements. the others have 1-2 class specific ones.

broken down: hunter 3, charger 2, jock 2, smoker 2, spitter 1, boomer 1

this is good

idea for boomer:

"are they even paying attention?" - scratch 7 times

well I think the point of this is that its too easy to rack up tank points. It's rare that you get 15+ points on a single spawn from any other class.

Points for pouncing an incap should definitely be reduced, it doesn't do much in terms of teamwork, and compared to the earlier stages of the server, many more ppl can now easily do it, that's why it needs to change with the times.

half points on incap pounces sounds good. would not like this idea and the diminishing returns though