64 Tic

DaReaper

I know you guys have said that since dropping down to 64 tic that your 'hits' got better... But ever since then my gaming has gone down on the GC server.. I've played a few times on a 128 tic server, and I was a lot better.. I was registering a lot more hits, even against really good players. So I dunno, that's the only thing i can attribute my horribleness now on the GC server. Because I was doing ok, then all of a sudden I took a nose dive, then I found out that you dropped it to 64 tic the same time that was happening to me... Anyhoo, I strongly urge you to be sure you've researched all avenues and information when you say your registration is a lot better, not sure what all of that would entail. Just want to be sure your information is accurate in that statement. Because I seem to be the exception for some reason lol

Thank you :happy:

Edited by DaReaper

its not just reg. Its over all smoothness. We were getting bad fits of chop and rubberbanding under 128tic the server has ran so much smoother and achieved the higher game tracker score already in 2014 then it had in all of 2013 ( the change started in '13 but maxed out in '14 woulda went higher had my internet kept running like it should

• 1 month later...

I feel as though this topic needs to be re-visited. After the latest update it really seems the registration on the server has taken a nosedive. Sant agrees with my sentiment that maybe this needs to be looked into further. I petition that whoever is responsible for this on the server, to do a re-evaluation since the patch. Because I promise you the registration is a lot worse now. Sant and I are not the only ones who feel this way either. Perhaps its time to bring it back up to 128 tick and see how it runs.

128 tic runs fine..........till the server fills up. I felt that recently the servers reg as suffered either way once its filled up. @ 128 tic the sv and var were going wild. When we switched to 64 the sv and var were dramatically calmer. Here of late though the servers sv and var have gone crazy once again.

I don't if it's our server or if its just the game in general, but it's gone to crap for me... So much that I'd rather not even play on our server when it's populated. The delay from when the bullet is fired to when it hits is awful. I can hit someone with an AWP and it feels like a half second passes before they die.

Edited by NOFX

I miss the 128tic and found registry and flow much higher (obviously).

What I am seeing a problem with, as Turn mentioned, is when the server is full. We'll play a few maps and it will be great and smooth but as soon as we hit the high 20s the server becomes choppy and delayed. It's been happening a lot

So, could the 128tic not be the problem? Would love for our server to be 128 again :)

Thank you, Matt.

Reading the reddit article conviences me that my lag isnt just Comcast' fault, but also VALVe's "patches".

Well we need to wait for VALVe to fix it, till then enjoy my warping around. :)

you read it wrong. fix your internet!

Great Reddit post. Learn something new everyday!

Here's a few things I found interesting (and correct me if I'm wrong anywhere). Not all of them relate to tick rate.

1) WarOwl on 64 tick vs. 128 tick:

::

-- 128 tick servers certainly do make a difference in reg. It effectively doubles the rate your computer and the server communicate and this translates into where you think you see a person and where that person actually is. This explains instances in which you get behind cover then fall over dead a split second later.

-- 128 tick servers are more demanding. This might explain why performance (sv / var) go nuts once the server approaches full.

2) FPS Drops

-- Problem: So I've been experiencing horrible FPS drops playing on any server larger than 10v10. I'll start out ok, but then suddenly things start getting jerky and my FPS drops from ~200 to ~50 and below. Sometimes this will drop all the way to < 10 fps. Restarting CSGO will fix this for a few rounds.

-- Solution: Add -processheap to launch options. This allows me to never dip below 100 fps, and my fps stays around 150-200.

3) Unparking CPU cores for increased FPS:

:: http://www.coderbag.com/Programming-C/Disable-CPU-Core-Parking-Utility

people stopped playing on our server @ 128 tic........ since switch to 64 tick.....server has been more active..... just saying. To me the server was operating its best for the first 3-6 weeks after the switch. Now not so much. I think the server is worse when full @ 128 tic though. Just dont think the server handles it well. Or it could be an entirely different problem. But imo as the most active player at the time of the switch I can tell you Reg was unbelievably better after the switch to 64 tic @ least in the beginning. Just my 2 cents

Thank you, Matt.

Reading the reddit article conviences me that my lag isnt just Comcast' fault, but also VALVe's "patches".

Well we need to wait for VALVe to fix it, till then enjoy my warping around. :)

you read it wrong. fix your internet!

you read it right! Please.

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

I'll put it this way, I've been playing on a 128 tick server to see how I do... I do *dramatically* better on the 128 tick versus I do absolutely crap on ya'lls 64 tick server.... And that's with 30 players playing all at the same time on these servers... I'm lucky to break 6-8 kills on the 64 tic (here of late I'm lucky to get 5 kills on ya'lls server), I was averaging 15-20 kills on the 128 tick server.... Coincidence? I don't think so. Last map I was 33 and 20 on a 128 tic server. Its time to change it back and see what happens....

Btw, I hate to do this, but outside of Saturday night customs I don't see myself playing on the GC server until this issue is addressed. Its too frustrating to play and knowing my shots should be hitting but they're not, and I feel like slamming my fist into the monitor most nights because its getting tiresome.

Edited by DaReaper

Ok so here is the deal as I see it. The server is phenomenal 5 v 5 or 6 v 6 on 128 tic BUT once you surpass that threshold sv and var start going crazy and reg goes out the window with them both. My take is the server runs better @ capacity under 64 tic but better when its barely populated at 128 tic. Just my 2 cents.

The server needs to be configured for 128 tick/rate with 16+ people on it.

Now it can't handle so many at this rate.

Let's all help our guys to find the information on the proper config.

I have another idea of what is wrong: NFO doesn't do their job well or simply blocks nor support this server configuration.

Edited by walkingCat