Joined GC on LFD2. Still haven't gotten membership.

Mtea

Hello,

To be frank, I don't want this to be a rant. I understand that board members may have stuff to do.

I am just curious and concerned as to whether my registration went through. A few of my gc friends say they got their membership verified very early, within 10 hours. And I haven't gotten mine in 12+ hours. I've received an email that my membership is pending.

So I was suggested that I post on forums about it, so here I am.

If needed:

Name: Ebahtee B

This is my Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:79696736

(Mtea)

Thanks.

Just a followup on this. I'll add this in to some inbound documentation to this site...

If you use PayPal *AND* you have no monies in the PayPal account there are two ways it can go from there all depending on whether or not you have a credit card on file as a backup payment method (EDIT: Also that the card is not expired...)

If you do, then we get the money instantly, your membership processes right then, and crasx's reserves code will get you patched in automatically in a few hours or less (is it 15 minutes? Might be...)

If you don't have a credit card on file, the money transfer acts just like an actual check. Meaning PayPal isn't going to trust you to have that money and it needs to clear just like a check. Three to five days. Our storefront gets that info and puts those transactions on hold telling us to wait for the monies. So we do.

If we're a little late approving the transaction after this period of time; our bad. Sorry.

-Fk

• 1 month later...

How can you tell your membership is working? I bought a membership about 24 hours ago, I can spec on the L4D2 server now, but can't get into a game...

Steamid you provided was STEAM_0:0:7019071 but on the server it's listed as STEAM_1:0:7019071. Should be good now.

• Like 1

Everything is automatic now (you have no idea how fantastic that is...)

Once you pay you're classified on the forums as a Coalition Member immediately.

Then within 30 minutes or less the reserves list on the servers get updated with the SteamID you provided. If you provided the correct one you are good to go. If not, then

You know, there might be an interesting patch we could perhaps make on that Steam_ID entry. Once you enter the id we match it against an account and pop up the associated info giving you a chance to confirm it's right. Another bit to add to the pile of work

• 1 month later...

How can you tell your membership is working? I bought a membership about 24 hours ago, I can spec on the L4D2 server now, but can't get into a game...

Steamid you provided was STEAM_0:0:7019071 but on the server it's listed as STEAM_1:0:7019071. Should be good now.

Yeah looks like the steam id finder is a bit messed up as mine has done the same thing. The steamidfinder shows me as STEAM_0:0:4679513 but in game its showing as STEAM_1:0:4679513 and I just signed up as well so it looks like I may be in the same predicament when they process me.

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...