Legend of zelda

crasx

I think it would be cool to have a custom map night like we have for csgo

PLEASE make this so

maybe on the test server for those who want to dl it

I wish we could do something different on fri day's nights.

Different campaign and i would Love to play realism once in a while

• Like 3

do itttttttttttttt.

//i've tried most of the popular custom camps and like a couple survival ones(helms is fun only with a ton of op infected abilities cause its such a wide field with barely any cover). bots in custom campaigns get lost though or stuck sometimes, which can mess up a game.

Edited by oakgyrl510

I have no problem taking it on me, but i'm afraid i lack the technical server skills or even area code to start something like that.

Edit: maybe if you put the map in the test server so all i have to do is tell ppl it's a go and switch the map

Edited by TheDude

Chick, Tirtul, Radio, and I were talking about this in Vent last night.

I think if we post links to a few custom campaigns and say "On this day, at this time, we're playing these, download them or miss out." Of course this day would be a week or two after the post.

I'd suggest workshop campaigns as well.

The cool thing, since steam pipe was introduced to l4d2, custom maps are easier than ever to download, opening the door for accessibility to custom campaigns.

Is it similar to csgo in that the player can now download from the server? From what I understand that has not been the case in the past.

The cool thing, since steam pipe was introduced to l4d2, custom maps are easier than ever to download, opening the door for accessibility to custom campaigns.

Is it similar to csgo in that the player can now download from the server? From what I understand that has not been the case in the past.

I dont think so San

Some maps are really big and it would take too long but i could be wrong .

I think putting a link to the campaign that we are going to play on the website so everybody gets the same version.

I would like to help do this but dont know how to

When this happens it will be announced in this forum, no less than one week prior. It will also be scheduled and announced on the GC Steam group found here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Gamerscoalition

If you're not a part of the Steam group, anybody on it can send an invite.

Actually I'm gonna send a mass invite now, sorry if you're already in there and get a double invite.

I'm not sure if you can download from the server. However, you can download while you play, or while you're sitting at the main menu. Simply post a link for players to the l4d2 campaign on workshop, have them subscribe, and the next time they launch l4d2, the vpk will automatically download and install; they'll also have a nifty progress bar to let them know the progress.

If you're able to download it directly from the server, it could take ages. Some of these campaigns span several GB in size. Unlike other games like CS:GO where it's a single map, most campaigns are comprised of many maps, with many unique and custom assets.