Your 3.4.6 GC Forums

Flitterkill

Well hello there!

Let's keep this to the point for the time being.

1) Flat, squared design.

2) Enhanced menu system. More to come there. FYI the Member Center option has a lot of nulled links. Gonna tighten up some posts and a pages before opening them up.

3) Yes pages! For each server. And some other stuff too. Source Bans easy to get to; ditto for l4d2 stats. And so on. Minecraft page has the DynMap and so on.

4) Awards? Yep. Some for being a GC server veteran (going way back too, got one for 1.6). And so on. Turn it on tomorrow? Something like that. Small text bits for now. Maybe make it fancy flashy later. Maybe. You'll see.

5) Some mods didn't make the cut. The flashy member icons up top on the front page? Those will kinda come back in a bit. Want to get your new topics freak on? The view New Content choice has always been the bestest option.

6) Quotes system! That bit on the top left is a random pull from the quotes db. We, meaning you and I, will be adding to it with quotes and info bits from the games we love to play and choice community quotes from our times together on the servers and such. You'll be able to get access to this tomorrow-ish sometime.

7) The right side of the above is just a bit to keep you up to date on whatevers related to GC.

8) Uhhhh, vague mutterings about CSS and other template edits to be made yet... etc... Work in progress muter mutter...

9) Member Map is working again. The dickery of Google has struck again when they changed their maps API a few months back. Mod author has it up on Bing Maps now. Swanky, but the mod rewrite is in beta still meaning we're stuck with the circle map markers for now. The add/delete/change buttons do work but I have to poke the css or something - click the bottom of the buttons to get them to click. Also, once you change something give it 5 to 10 seconds to refresh on through.

10) The skin collapses and displays well on tablets *but* some of the server pages I need to adjust the div sizes to get them to float correctly on smaller tablets (1000x1000 resolutions and lower, meaning my Androided HP Touchpad)

11) Forum changes imminent. Tightening up, mergings, etc. Tommorow-ish as well.

12) Google ads. After the first post in the topic. Currently for everyone experimentally; might/probably will be turned off for Coalition Members and above. Maybe. Since its Google, the ads seen are going to be determined by your surfings not so much our content. If you see something you don't want to see click the "X" in the top right of the ad. That tells Google that they kinda missed the mark and you'll never see that one again (probably).

13) Backgrounds. Hit the paintbrush in the top right. Skyrim winter default choice out of four. The rest are stock. Those will change with the times.

14) The Steam/Xbox hovers will be back. Just not right now.

Other news = Rust server is live, the tournaments mod we have is finally getting into action with community 3v3 CSGO ladder and a 4v4 L4D2 ladder. This stuff will be mostly casual, no more than one match a week, probably less. We'd rather have you on the pub servers mostly; not looking to make everyone all scrim scrim scrim.

Good enough for now, lets turn this thing back on...

-Fk

PS: Don't like someone's signature? When you hover over the sig you'll see an "X" appear over on the right. Click it and you will never see that person's signature again.

PSS: Typically gaming communities rock dark forum skins. Old Man Clueless wants a light skin. I reversed the colors on this skin in Photoshop and it t'wernt bad. But that's a thing for much later.

PSSS: Forgot one other neat thing. Right above the author's name and avatar on the first post. Two small icons. You can turn off all the user profile stuff and just have the forum text displayed.

• Like 2

GC Board Member

If only all this money was for the Fk bourbon Fund. Alas, no. What San said.

Also it might not be anything really. Might be $20 a month. Might be less. Might be more.

As for the backgrounds, yes, others coming. Probably keep the green blur one around though. It's a design choice from the skin designer - those were all provided with the skin. In fact, think I'll toss some other ones up now...

Oh, and actually, yes, Playstation.

consolebadgeshold.png

May I ask where the ad money will be going, or is that too much to ask for?

Asking such questions won't get you unbanned. No no no ~_~

I was never banned in the first place cat. I hate you :/

I can change that for you.