Install.

Add new server

Label: Whatever you want

Address: gamrsco.typefrag.com or m.gcftw.com

Port: 6050

Username: Your username

Will prompt for password

summer2011

To enable push to talk you can go to configure->audio wizard and run through the tutorial. There is a section where you can enable push to talk and select the key

Note: If you use a logitech G930 Headset

1) Close Mumble. Right click on the mumble shortcut and click on properties. Go to the compatibility tab and check the option "Run This Program in Compatibility Mode for" with Windows XP Service Pack 3 selected. Then click ok.

2) Now open Mumble, connect, and go to configure- audio wizard.
- uncheck enable positional audio
- make sure direct sound is selected
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I can't turn individual people up, down, whatever.

Mumble employs AGC (Automatic Gain Control) to normalize the volumes of all players automatically. This means the individual adjustment of a single user is not required, nor wanted. We feel that it makes no sense for every user on a server to adjust the volume of someone manually when the person in question could just fix things on his end instead. Note that pretty much all questions we receive on this this come up because of users who did not bother to do our Audio Wizard, AGC is powerfull but if there is not enough signal to begin with (e.g. Mic volume turned way down) it will not be able to operate correctly.

I don't care either way, but I like it because it's open source, sounds good, and doesn't take up any resources server or client side.

Edited by NOFX

I can't turn individual people up, down, whatever.

Mumble employs AGC (Automatic Gain Control) to normalize the volumes of all players automatically. This means the individual adjustment of a single user is not required, nor wanted. We feel that it makes no sense for every user on a server to adjust the volume of someone manually when the person in question could just fix things on his end instead. Note that pretty much all questions we receive on this this come up because of users who did not bother to do our Audio Wizard, AGC is powerfull but if there is not enough signal to begin with (e.g. Mic volume turned way down) it will not be able to operate correctly.

I don't care either way, but I like it because it's open source, sounds good, and doesn't take up any resources server or client side.

That's a load of BS too, from them. My mic is as high as it goes and just yesterday Lunk was having trouble hearing me while TBT and UC could fine. Also, I'm not going to turn ALL of my volume up just to hear people in Mumble better, it's ridiculous.

After switching headsets My CSGO is way too loud. Every player in mumble comes in fine to me but they get blasted over by CSGO in game voice. San' you're quiet to me in everything, but I can still hear you fine. I think its just the way you talk. I can't hear anyone in mumble or VENT with this new headset when stuffs going down in CSGO but @ least with the overlay I can tell quickly if someone is talking in Mumble or game ( admin stuff) In vent I would get confused a lot as to which voice comm was used. Just my 2 cents

After switching headsets My CSGO is way too loud. Every player in mumble comes in fine to me but they get blasted over by CSGO in game voice. San' you're quiet to me in everything, but I can still hear you fine. I think its just the way you talk. I can't hear anyone in mumble or VENT with this new headset when stuffs going down in CSGO but @ least with the overlay I can tell quickly if someone is talking in Mumble or game ( admin stuff) In vent I would get confused a lot as to which voice comm was used. Just my 2 cents

San mumbles, it's the fact.

You can lower voice in game, duh. :P

Mumble is ok, vent is ok too. The only feature that puts one above the other is the in-game chat indicator.

Mumble is ok, vent is ok too. The only feature that puts one above the other is the in-game chat indicator.

um.....there is no way to lower voice in game.......that works. Steam voice comm settings do nothing.

um.....there is no way to lower voice in game.......that works. Steam voice comm settings do nothing.
Hmmm...

I will look into it when I'm home.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm...

I will look into it when I'm home.

lol, nothing to look in to. Receiving in-game voices haven't been able to be turned down since CSGO came out basically. One of the reasons I need to mute people so often is because I can't turn overall voice receiving down. Not sure why Valve hasn't been able to fix that >_>

lol, nothing to look in to. Receiving in-game voices haven't been able to be turned down since CSGO came out basically. One of the reasons I need to mute people so often is because I can't turn overall voice receiving down. Not sure why Valve hasn't been able to fix that >_>

voice_scale x x=0-1. I usually have mine around .5

• Like 1