CS:GO Latest Update: WarOwl video.

walkingCat

Nice post. I didn't actually realize they reduced running / spray accuracy. It's always seemed atrocious to run and gun anyway. I don't know much about how badly the p90 got nerfed, and I'm not sure how much it needed it. In competitive MM pugs, I don't see many people using them who are ranked above a badge. Things get kind of hairy though when I come across single aks who can headshot me across a map with a pro-90, so I guess I'm glad that will happen less now. The thing is, I kind of like that people use a variety of guns now. I don't want them to balance the game again so that the only viable guns are m4 / ak / awp / deagle. That's just boring. While the AUG is OP now, it actually feels nice to use a different gun (especially since it must feel like hacking playing with the AUG as it is now).

Nice post. I didn't actually realize they reduced running / spray accuracy. It's always seemed atrocious to run and gun anyway. I don't know much about how badly the p90 got nerfed, and I'm not sure how much it needed it. In competitive MM pugs, I don't see many people using them who are ranked above a badge. Things get kind of hairy though when I come across single aks who can headshot me across a map with a pro-90, so I guess I'm glad that will happen less now. The thing is, I kind of like that people use a variety of guns now. I don't want them to balance the game again so that the only viable guns are m4 / ak / awp / deagle. That's just boring. While the AUG is OP now, it actually feels nice to use a different gun (especially since it must feel like hacking playing with the AUG as it is now).

The P90 really didn't change that much in my opinion, It's still an extremely effective 2nd round gun. I use it all the time in mm 2nd round - best way to stop a rush :P

The updates that they made were actually very good and does require a player to use more skill. However, the AUG.... You don't even need to know how to control recoil because it basically has none. Also the fire rate is out of control so by the time someone shoots with a more powerful gun the person with an AUG has already fired 2-5 bullets. They'll "fix"/"adjust" it just like they did with the deagle when they ruined it. I give it a week or so.

Ok. I don't care what anyone says. I don't want them to make any changes period. Since the update, I lost 6 in a row by not using the AUG and ranked down to Double AK. Since then, I ranked back up to badge. Then have gone on a 17-2-0 run to rank all the way up to Legendary Eagle Master :) Note: I've never been ranked above Badge before.

post-3647-0-08782800-1392244974_thumb.jpg

Edited by Barashin

Told ya, they fixed it :)

[ GAMEPLAY ]
- Weapon adjustments based on data collected:
-- Increased Aug recoil
-- Reduced Aug rate of fire
-- Reduced Aug and Sg553 scoped run speeds
-- Increased Desert Eagle accuracy recovery by 2.5%
- Improved scope visuals for Aug and Sg553.
- Aug now has a new firing sound.
- Pressing the walk key while running now properly decelerates your speed to walking instead of instantly capping it.
- Fixed regression that broke environment fog not being reduced when zoomed with a scoped weapon.

Release Notes for 2/12/2014

[ CZ75-Auto]
- Added the CZ75-Auto as a new stock pistol that is a loadout alternative to the P250. Its stats are identical to the P250's with the exception of being fully automatic and having only two magazines.
http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2014/02/8644/

[ CS:GO Weapon Case #3 ]
- Introducing the CS:GO Weapon Case #3, comprised entirely of pistol finishes, including finishes for the new CZ75-Auto.

[ GAMEPLAY ]
- Weapon adjustments based on data collected:
-- Increased Aug recoil
-- Reduced Aug rate of fire
-- Reduced Aug and Sg553 scoped run speeds
-- Increased Desert Eagle accuracy recovery by 2.5%
- Improved scope visuals for Aug and Sg553.
- Aug now has a new firing sound.
- Pressing the walk key while running now properly decelerates your speed to walking instead of instantly capping it.
- Fixed regression that broke environment fog not being reduced when zoomed with a scoped weapon.

[ UI ]
- Added text filter to loadout.
- Added peel animation when player cycles position.
- Fixed enemies on the square radar not rotating to match their view.
- Fixed teammate colors sometimes shuffling on some panels when a player disconnected in Competitive Mode.
- Crosshair style 2 (Classic) has been changed to accurately show weapon accuracy.
- Added some ConVars to be used with crosshairstyle 2 (Classic) to allow users to further customize how they want it to display. (cl_crosshair_dynamic_splitdist, cl_crosshair_dynamic_splitalpha_innermod, cl_crosshair_dynamic_splitalpha_outermod, cl_crosshair_dynamic_maxdist_splitratio)

[ MAPS ]
- Overpass
-- Improved visibility.
-- Removed small cover on CT side of Bombsite B.
-- Drastically reduced the number of trashcans.
-- Widened tunnel near T spawn.
-- Widened lower door in park connector.
-- Widened corridor near CT sniper room.

[ MISC ]
- Fixes to improve game stability during startup.
- Added diagnostic info to debug video config reset.
- Fixed dedicated server to write steam_appid.txt
- Fixed several game server memory leaks.
- Fixed a bug causing certain workshop maps to re-download every time the game is launched.

1) Pressing the walk key while running now properly decelerates your speed to walking instead of instantly capping it.

:: What does this mean?

2) Increased Aug recoil
Reduced Aug rate of fire

:: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

3) Increased Desert Eagle accuracy recovery by 2.5%

:: YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

1) Pressing the walk key while running now properly decelerates your speed to walking instead of instantly capping it.

2) Increased Aug recoil

Reduced Aug rate of fire

I think when you hit walk key, your speed slows down more smoothly than just instantly caps it.

Big yes for deagle and aug!!!

Release Notes for 2/13/2014

[MISC]
- Aug and SG 553 scope modes now correctly respect players' zoomed mouse sensitivity settings.
- Fixed game client unexpectedly loading installed plugins. -LoadPluginsForClient is now required if client needs to load plugins, however with plugins client will start in insecure mode.
- Added buymenu localization tokens for the CZ75-Auto.
- Player teammate colors now stay consistent throughout a match in both Competitive MM and most third party services.
- Adjusted the teammate colors a bit based on feedback.
- Fixed miniscoreboard causing hitches by refreshing the avatars too often.
- Fixed the chat on Macs showing hex colors instead of names.
- Fixed Scar-20 icon not being visible in the in-game weapon inventory.
- Fixed NameTag text field not taking input.

[shipped yesterday]
- Fixed Classic Static (crosshairstyle 4) not being static.
- Fixed player color arrows being bot colored in casual.
- Fixed letter label showing up over player dots in radar when spectating / watching a demo.

2) Increased Aug recoil

Reduced Aug rate of fire

"Increased Desert Eagle accuracy recovery by 2.5%"

That's actually a nerf if you think about it, it's increasing the time you have to wait before you shoot another bullet.

Sneaky valve

2) Increased Aug recoil

Reduced Aug rate of fire

"Increased Desert Eagle accuracy recovery by 2.5%"

That's actually a nerf if you think about it, it's increasing the time you have to wait before you shoot another bullet.

Sneaky valve

ehhh I dont know you could read that 2 different ways....... your reading it the negative way but if accuracy recovery is a category on its own...... then it makes the deagle better. I'm not sure what just happened

It's the amount of time for your aim to recover from recoil, has nothing to do with how quickly you can shoot the gun. Increasing the recovery time means it takes a little longer for your aim to refocus.

• 2 weeks later...

Release Notes for 3/6/2014

[EMS One Katowice 2014]
- Added EMS One Katowice 2014 CS:GO Championship Sticker Capsules:
- Each capsule contains a single EMS One Katowice 2014 participant sticker. A portion of each capsule's proceeds is shared equally among the included organizations.

[Misc]
- Fixed a bug where the sticker peel animaton played when opening the apply sticker panel.
- Centered the names of stickers.
- Demo highlights now show a "Fast forwarding to next highlight..." message while fast forwarding.
- Demo highlights now include bomb plant and bomb defuse.
- Fixed dsp canceling and a few other exploits.
- Added competitive match scores to in-game friends list status display.
- Added rich presence display in friends game details in Steam Overlay.
- Fixed a hitch on stattrak kills for players with large inventories.

[Maps]

- Mirage:
-- Made it easier to peek short from B apartments
-- Made cover at back of B bangable
-- Horizontal metal bars on catwalk no longer block bullets or grenades
-- Made corner to the right on Bombsite A scaffolding bangable

- Overpass:
-- Added more cover in Bombsite A
-- Widened gate at back of Bombsite A
-- Blocked fence completely at back of Bombsite A
-- Color coded tunnels under A
-- Removed dropdown into water near bombsite B
-- Made cement bags around bombsite B easier to climb
-- Added cover near construction
-- New connector between upper park and bathrooms
-- Widened tunnel near T spawn
-- General polish and optimization

- Dust2:
-- Fixed tiny gaps between boxes in Bombsite A
-- Fixed killer box in Bombsite B

I don't know what happened, but as of a few weeks ago, I really started not being able to register in this game. Like literally went from still being ok for only playing a couple hours a night to ending up 5-25 in CMM matches or even on the pub almost every single time.

I'm not sure what happened, if it's my end or Steam's but I need to try and figure it out. I'm so frustrated I'm at the point that I want to reformet or build an entire new rig just to see if that fixes it lol. I've tried different graphics settings, high, low, nothing seems to affect it. I always get 3 bullets put in me before I even get to pull the trigger on people, because that's when I finally see them.

What kinda graphics options do you guys leave on or off? Wait for veritcal sync? Multicore rendering? etc etc.

Any ideas on things to do would help, but as of now I'm about ready to stop playing indefinitely, it feels like when the beta was first released and I hated the game so much. I'm back to that feeling.

Edited by samurai nightling

I wouldn't build a new rig. It's pretty well documented that the problems are in the coding and extremely new GPUs / CPUs are running terribly with the game.

A couple things that have helped me out, as I noted in another post, was to add "-processheap" to launch options and to unpark my cpu cores: http://www.coderbag.com/Programming-C/Disable-CPU-Core-Parking-Utility. Especially the first one seems to be helping.