I disagree

Keralis

OK, before you even start reading this, I'm going to let you know that this is going to offend some people. Sorry, but it's how I truly feel, so if you don't want to know be offended, I recommend you don't read this.

Also, another disclaimer. This is not going to be an apology because I find the reason I got banned to be a load of crap. This is just to let you know that I disagree with the reason I got banned, nor do I expect to be unbanned by this.

Basically what happened yesterday was that I was derping around on the server. Someone asked what GC stood for, and I jokingly said "garbage collecotrs". Apparently, (here comes the offensive part) some admins have an inability to understand humour and jokes. Clearly, this server is 100% serious and no jokes are allowed. (more offensive parts coming up, turn away now if you want)

Sure, you can argue that it's "disrespectful" or something, but let me ask you, are you actually offended that I said that? You see many comedians say racist things but no one cares. Why? Because people know he is joking. And I'm not going anywhere near being racist with that comment.

Basically, it's socially acceptable for comedians to be racist but not acceptable for me to make a barely even offensive joke.

Seriously, I can't even begin to understand how someone can take such a trivial statement like that as an offence, but even if you were offended, I'm pretty sure you knew it was a joke.

I think some of you admins need to get a sense of humour

• Like 1

Ya know if you'd have said it was a joke and you were sorry if you offended anybody you'd probably be unbanned.

That being said this post will get you nowhere. I told Marvin to go ahead and ban you for the comment as I would have had I saw it in game.

Also, consider it attributed toward multiple instances of not being a team player by camping and trying for knife and taser kills, and reports of a bad attitude in game.

• Like 1

Ya know if you'd have said it was a joke and you were sorry if you offended anybody you'd probably be unbanned.

That being said this post will get you nowhere. I told Marvin to go ahead and ban you for the comment as I would have had I saw it in game.

Also, consider it attributed toward multiple instances of not being a team player by camping and trying for knife and taser kills, and reports of a bad attitude in game.

Being a team player...

There's a reason I just derp around on pubs, it's because it's a pub.

It's not like it's hardcore serious gaming or anything.

No idea what you mean by "bad attitude", but whatever. Agree to disagree, right?

• Like 1

You need to revise your standards, Keralis.

If you said, "GC stands for Garbage collectors lololo hahah sorry I thought this would be funny", you'd be gently slapped, warned about your inappropriate actions. Do you truly think that we ban players for this sort of jokes? No. We ban for bad attitude on the server. Thus, Marvin and San thought its was an act of bad attitude, it tells me they were right.

Regarding "derping around". This game has general objectives: eliminate opposite team or/and demolish an object by planting the bomb. This 2 simple goals reqiured a team play. Nobody is gonna ban your lack of cooperation in a few rounds, although you may get a warning from your team or admin. And again, if Marvin and San thought there was a violation of the GC rules - they've done it right.

Therefor, Keralis, you need to sit down and revise your standards.

• Like 1

If you said, "GC stands for Garbage collectors lololo hahah sorry I thought this would be funny", you'd be gently slapped, warned about your inappropriate actions. Do you truly think that we ban players for this sort of jokes? No. We ban for bad attitude on the server. Thus, Marvin and San thought its was an act of bad attitude, it tells me they were right.

Regarding "derping around". This game has general objectives: eliminate opposite team or/and demolish an object by planting the bomb. This 2 simple goals reqiured a team play. Nobody is gonna ban your lack of cooperation in a few rounds, although you may get a warning from your team or admin. And again, if Marvin and San thought there was a violation of the GC rules - they've done it right.

I'm trying to say this in the most respectful way possible:

I don't comprehend how you can take a position on this, cat. You weren't there, so I don't think it's fair for you to take a position on this. Also, hate to be that guy, but doesn't this clearly say "If you weren't involved, DO NOT POST". I can understand how marvin can take a position in this as he was there (even though I don't agree with him). You've probably already heard this many times before, but this seems like a clear example on how admins are sticking up for admins blindly.

Sorry if I sounded rude in this, I was only being honest.

• Like 1

I'm trying to say this in the most respectful way possible:

I don't comprehend how you can take a position on this, cat. You weren't there, so I don't think it's fair for you to take a position on this. Also, hate to be that guy, but doesn't this clearly say "If you weren't involved, DO NOT POST". I can understand how marvin can take a position in this as he was there (even though I don't agree with him). You've probably already heard this many times before, but this seems like a clear example on how admins are sticking up for admins blindly.

Sorry if I sounded rude in this, I was only being honest.

I can surprise you with how much arguement we have among GC admins, you just don't know. I was around enough to have my own point of you, and so happened I agree with reasons to ban you.

If you really don't wanna get unbanned, you do it right.

I would like to point out that going for objectives on our servers has always been a requirement. Blatantly not doing so has gotten many kicked and banned in the past. Wanted to clarify how we run our pubs.

To add to this, the MOTD and the green text in the chest box also state this.

You said it more than once after a verbal warning in between rounds. I have the screenshots as proof. Not once did you say in-game that it was a joke nor did you correct yourself in saying the right name. After the ban you started by coming to me complaining that you were banned in which I also kept the logs of.

You said it more than once after a verbal warning in between rounds. I have the screenshots as proof. Not once did you say in-game that it was a joke nor did you correct yourself in saying the right name. After the ban you started by coming to me complaining that you were banned in which I also kept the logs of.

"complaining"?

That's a bit ridiculous, I don't that that conversation was anywhere NEAR complaining.

• Like 1

It is through the way you started the conversation one can take away from it that you are complaining about the reason you were banned. Here is the part you forgot.

8:21 PM - Horace(Keralis): ...

8:21 PM - Horace(Keralis): dude
8:21 PM - Horace(Keralis): did you ban me o.0

Is the entire reason for you posting not to complain about the way I handled the situation to your comments?

Since you are too ignorant (lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.) to know what complain (express dissatisfaction or annoyance about a state of affairs or an event.) means feel free to post more about how you don't follow that logic.

Great job Marvin. You've demonstrated how sophisticated and smart you are through the use of google dictionary.

And if anyone here is being ignorant, it would be you.

Firstly, I said that I don't follow your logic on how me asking you if you banned me was complaining, not if making this post was complaining. And no, I still don't follow your logic on how asking you if you banned me is complaining. Now you're just trying to sway off to me making this thread, which is in fact, a complaint because I disagree with the reasons of the ban. I never said I wasn't complaining in this thread, but you said I was complaining when I talked to you in chat.

Secondly, yes, this is to complain about the way you handled the situation because I feel that it is blatantly ridiculous how you handled it. I'm quite sure I made that clear from the beginning.

Regardless, I'm not going on this thread anymore, for this is starting to actually offend me.

P.S.

If you can lock this thread, that'd be great. I think I've made my point now.

Edited by Keralis
  • Like 1

1. This ban should remain 1 week - next time it will be longer if you aren't able to understand the basic rules.

2. Here is a reminder, I suggest reading over them once more: http://gamrs.co/forums/index.php?/topic/34619-gc-rulescode/

- Please reach out to an admin/senior member if you are confused/don't understand or have general questions about the rules.

3. I've seen you comment on several ban posts here, so I don't understand why you would tell Cat not to comment (He is an admin, you are not)

4. Please follow the proper guidelines when posting in the un-ban section, reminder here: http://gamrs.co/forums/index.php?/topic/303-welcome-to-the-banned-forums-read-this-first/

I would also suggest trying to understand why you were banned instead of mouthing off the reasons on why you disagree with it.

Whoa. Let's not go overboard and get heated over small things. All GC members are expected above all else to treat each other with respect and abide by our community standards. I think what we value most on our retro server is to discourage "troll" culture. I haven't played much with Keralis. I think it's OK to go for a knife or a taser from time to time if it doesn't disrupt the game excessively. There is a line that can be crossed though.

Calling GC garbage collectors in and of itself is no big thing to me. It's kind of random and not really funny or offensive. Bans like this are always judged on the totality of the circumstances though, and admins are given a good amount of discretion to evaluate the conduct of the community. This forum exists so people can challenge judgments. Because we value respect, statements such as 'the reason I'm banned is a load of crap' will start you off on the wrong foot.

As an admin, if I rub someone the wrong way, I welcome discourse on it in the forums. I won't stand though for personal attacks or convenient recollections that omit both sides of the story. I didn't witness this incident so I'm not saying that's what's going on here, but reading this thread on its face, I think that's where a lot of the animosity is coming from.

Our rules are simple. No cursing, respect all players, and don't feed the pecklz.

• Like 2