Limit's New Rig

LiMiT

Yo,

Just made an order at Newegg for my next computer. I decided to go Intel/Nvidia this time around. Due to AMD being just completely overpriced right now. Also, I've got to start into some video editing in addition to a nice gaming rig. Here's what I've ordered thus far.

Intel i7 4770K

MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard

G.Skill 16GB DDR3 2400

Corsair Hydro H100i Liquid CPU cooler

Cooler Master Haf Xb Evo Case

Rest of the parts I will be ordering:

MSI GTX 770 Video Card

Samsung Evo Pro 128GB SSD

Corsair TX750 Power Supply

Windows 8

Already have:

LG DVD R/RW Drive

Seagate 1TB HHD

Should be able to get the rest of the parts in the next few weeks. I'm excited.

S.

The graphics cards are due to their popularity with crypto-currancy miners right now. Motherboards are around the same and the processors Intels are a little more than AMD's. Also, I want to do some video editing so the i7 is the better choice in that regard.

S.

• 3 weeks later...

That was one that I had considered. However, the MSI won due to price and my experience with my previous build that had a MSI mobo that is still a great board. I'm happy with my purchase, but I'm now reading quite a few MSI graphic card reviews that the current batch of cards from MSI both Nvidia and AMD are having fan issues. They leak oil. Some cards more than others. I'm tempted to reach out to MSI to learn more about this problem and just how extensive the problematic fans are across their video card lineup.

S.