the votekick option back

Kongurin1

I remember in the old days when members had the option to votekick players. but I also remember that this option was abused to kick new players that did´n understand the way the server worked (the buy system and such) . and was also abused to kick players that weren´t good at the game. that was clearly an abuse of the votekick option.

but lately, especially when the server is packed with new players on European prime time, we have had a lot of trouble with new players that rush, grief and swear, and there is no admin around.

Maestro is the only European admin that I know of and he does an awesome job. but he cant be on 24/7. therefore I want to know if there is any chance that regular members. that have a good attitude towards new players. can get the votekick "power" back so we can get rid of the players that ignore the rules when there´s no admin around?

(please don´t pay attention to my spelling. English is not my first nor second language) :blush:

=LIGS=Kongurin

• Like 2

Maybe we could put it back for a while and just see. If members continue to abuse it, maybe just punish the ones who are instead of the ones who aren't. Idk, the last few nights I been getting PMs at like 11-12 at night to come kick rushers, swears, trolling. I mean it seems like a lot of the members are good about not kicking or wanting to kick people who are just new or not "good enough".

I think my only worry is, there is kinda of a high level of "Spit and die" going around and people wanting to kick people holding spitters.

But, like I said maybe we give it another run?

• Like 1

What time is European prime time? xD Just message me and I'll do whatever's needed until Jackie puts something like that. My status is sometimes busy only because I'm thinking of what to eat next haha.

-Meng

cant it be enabled/disabled for certain people? pretty sure i asked this before

I think this would be great if we could do this. I'm pretty sure as long as we don't give it to Swat :P we'll be okay ;). JK he'd probably be top pick for someone to have it, along with Kong.

• Like 1

I'm English, and around for a good part of the day on Steam, even if I only join and play rarely, so if you secnd me a quick private message, I can jump on and do anything admin related when I see it :) Redrum likes to message me when I just go out, he has a bad habit of catching me as soon as I'm not at the computer :P

Yes, we need votekick, there are some players who just join to mess up whole match. This causes the team to take more damage by staying on one spot and ultimately wasting everybody's time.

If there's an abuser, remove the command from his acct for certain peroid of time or permanently.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys/girls

What are the written/unwritten rules in regards to kicking people from the server?

The past two nights (day, depending on where you are) I have used the votekick system four times - Twice for players being afk, Twice for rushers. For the afk's, should I have waited for the server to do its magic and kick them itself?

The team were in consensus about kicking them especially the rushers ... even the infected were telling us to kick them.

And seeing as the votekicks are being logged, I don't want to come off trigger happy. I believe they were legitimate reasons and because of the time difference, I felt it would be inappropriate to ask an admin.

If an admin is not present on the server, members can use vote kick to "admin" themselves, or if things are getting really out of hand, grab an admin.

If an admin is present on the server, say it in voice chat or text chat and an admin will deal with it.