My new gear

Preacher

This is a Yugoslavian made AB2T Paratrooper under-folder AK47

Added a Quad Rail Fore-grip a red/green dot scope, laser sight, tactical flashlight (that would blind people who live on the sun), replaced the original muzzle break with a tapco multi-slot break (not pictured) and a handle that also becomes a bi-pod. It's mainly a range gun unless we have a Zombie apocalypse lol. Strip off a few gadgets and it makes a great deer rifle too.

I also bought a 75 round drum and a few thousand rounds of ammo. Looks like I should be able to head out and blow up some soda cans or something on Tuesday :)

Yes it's legal just bought it and added a few different mods to foregrip and swapped out the muzzle break

The 75 drum is actually quite practical for when I hunt field mice to make sure they are absolutely, positively dead.

On the top of the muzzle break there are 5 side to side slots that allow the gass pressure to release upwards rather than all at once out the front. This almost completely prevents muzzle rise when firing and also reduces recoil to almost nil (in theory, let you know Tuesday if it's fact).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's a ton of fun to shoot. I'm going to try to get out and shoot again Sunday if the weather (and the wife) permits.

If anyone is looking to buy an AR-15 I know where you can get a complete set-up for $430 + shipping. PM me and I'll hook you up with the links :)

• 1 month later...

I still haven't gotten around to a video of AK firing but I am onto a new project. I recently purchased a Mosin Nagant 91/30 and am upgrading it from original to a modern looking sniper rifle. Enclosed is a pic of what it looks like today. I'll post a picture of the upgrades when I'm done. Could be tomorrow or Sat. if I get it done by then.

0db306b7e45638a966a493a88ba9936c.jpg

On a side note these are really huge. Has a 28" barrel (to put into perspective an M4 has a 16" barrel and an original M-16 only has a 20" barrel) and weighs in at around 8.5lbs.

My plans are as follows:

1. upgrade stock

2. upgrade rear sight to a weaver rail for scope mount

3. replace trigger assembly

4. add bipod via a lower rail assembly

5. Eventually cut the barrel back to 20" and thread the end to allow a muzzle brake to be added.

6. teflon cote the whole thing.

7. Kill deer with it ;)

• Like 1

Ihas walked in one of the Wisconsin's hunting/sport store and saw these rifle on sale ($200-300) it took me by surprise, because on Russia they don't sell them at all. And those things were made in USSR. I'll post pictures when I find them. :)

Zaycev 4ever <3

lol jk

Actually they are everywhere here now. It's one of those rifles that most collectors don't really go for because they made more than 37 million of them. The thing that folks are finding out about them though is that they are as accurate as any .308 and more rugged than almost anything out there.

The main drawback is weight and length. I dropped 5lbs off mine by replacing the dense wood stock with a composite plastic one. I'm planning on a firing test tomorrow to see how much different it is to fire it than with the old wooden stock and steel butt-plate. I just finished adding my lower rail and bi-pod a few moments ago and affixed my scope mount yesterday. I plan to purchase a scout scope in the next few weeks but have a red/green dot scope to play with until then.