tips

Static

(edited)

A few tips I feel like sharing a few you wont know, you don't have to read it all i just got really bored

Jockey-

If you look up ( not all the way to the ceiling) as a jockey you will pounce much higher- I discovered this when people where complaining that bot jockeys could jump really high although this only works when using the primary pounce- hitting the space bar casual jump wont have effect.

Charger-

When a fellow infected charges a survivor & pummels them to the ground you can either guard them with a boomer, so not only do bullets not hit the charger for a few seconds coz your in the way but also the charger will let go of the survivor & have a full charge gauge- very useful if the survivor hasn't been in-capped yet.

The other is in the same scenario, spawn as a charger & charge the fellow charger as you can take the survivor off him & move the survivor further away useful for making the team go further back of in a place they would be vulnerable e.g a death charge spot note: haven't played in a while but I'm pretty sure in both instances the charger with have a full charge ready when knocked of taken from a survivor.

Smoker-

When survivors are coming to a point in a map where they will be held back such as an ally way its always a good idea to smoke the last one as apposed to the first, i have seen many cases where a smoker has told the entire team that they would like to smoke the first victim however in most cases this fails & even when it works they have ruined the spawn point for the choke point- valve mentions a lot that the smoker can grab a survivor and not be as open as the rest but this is hogwash the smoker is an easy target & does little damage so you must you them wisely.

Boomer-

While ghost jumping many spawn mid air & this used to work well until Monkie nearly wiped out everybody's confidence,

a good way NOT to get shot is to use the arrow keys and move around whilst falling this should take some of the heat off you.

Boomers also have the subtle effect of moving people back a bit when they explode, use this to your advantage being able to move a whole team into a corner full of spit whilst blinding them will help the team immensely as well as knocking survivors off ledges & out of elevators.

Hunter-

Sucks never use him high pounces are for wimps :)

Tank-

A great thing about this server is you get to practice with the tank A LOT, try & pick a skill, there are two

1. Being able to hit a car & make it go in any direction you want- good for wiping out a team & getting a car from a few roads away to an open street

2. Being able to throw a rock from a blind spot and still hit a survivor- good when you have a scripted tank & avoiding death when that could trigger a finale escape like a boat.

Spitter-

if you see a charger follow him & do your spit as soon as he downs somebody its a rare occurrence when a charger gets sum1 & you have enough time to select a spitter get it into your head when you want to pick spitter to find a charger.

don't spit on a jockeyed survivor the longer the survivor stays standing the further a jockey can take him away its a very common mistake as the jockey is instantly compelled to make the survivor to run around in spit.

survivors-

whilst on dead center fist map its no good saving up for an expensive gun an SMG cost 2 points not only should you buy it but you should buy loads so the players who haven't the points or don't know the buy system stand a chance,

Get into the habit of buying adrenaline aswell & sharing the love, i don't think Ive seen a whole team on adren before but it would kick donkey

also don't waste points on full heal on your fist in-cap yes a spitter or hunter may get you but the points they get wont be as much as you save

Shooting a smoker tongue is surprisingly easy

Listen out for infected following you & run away, a boomer a street away will hurt its team more alive then dead rather it a boomer far away for 1 minute than a charger in your face in 20 seconds or whatever re-spawn time

Turning your graphics down will allow you to see more clearly through bile as well as rain & blood

& above all- SHOOT THE GOD DAMN TANK

Cheers for reading i thought it would be better before i started typing tried to only add unique things

see you in a couple of weeks

p.s please right down some tips you think people may not know im tired of seeing spit an die etc

Edited by Static
  • Like 3

Buying a heal while charge pounding someone can mean the difference between an incap and not. Remember that an infected heal is only 3 points and you can get that back from an incap, or 1 point every time to hit someone as a charger. You can pretty much permanently hit someone to death as a charger once they're in-capped if you time it correctly.

Anyone know of a way to disable the quick buy prevention? Regularly trying to heal more than once every 3 seconds lately.

• Like 1

Buying a heal while charge pounding someone can mean the difference between an incap and not. Remember that an infected heal is only 3 points and you can get that back from an incap, or 1 point every time to hit someone as a charger. You can pretty much permanently hit someone to death as a charger once they're in-capped if you time it correctly.

Anyone know of a way to disable the quick buy prevention? Regularly trying to heal more than once every 3 seconds lately.

I ask for the same thing back then but it should stay the way it is now. It's abuse-able enough in the hands of a good player and the 3 second curb is there to prevent it. It also make the player to carefully plan the attacks, instead of constant spamming.

• 2 weeks later...

General and swat

and you can always leave peanut behind :laugh: he's nothing but dead weight

You leave him, wait for him to die, then insist on going back to defib just as a tank appears. :P

• Like 1

Tip for all infected, if someone is being picked up, melee the incap'd player (rather than the standing player) to force the pickup bar to be reset. Can easily mean the difference between getting another spit in and not.