Fireworks Limit

Garychios

Some kind of limit on fireworks would be great. This is a problem when teams are unbalanced and the survivors just spam fireworks the whole time, because it makes it extremely difficult for newer infected players to slow down survivors. Not everyone does it, but there's a few people that probably buy 50 crates a round.

(edited)

Some kind of limit on fireworks would be great. This is a problem when teams are unbalanced and the survivors just spam fireworks the whole time, because it makes it extremely difficult for newer infected players to slow down survivors. Not everyone does it, but there's a few people that probably buy 50 crates a round.

It seems a bit dangerous to punish a particular action especially when everyone on the server is capable of it and when it forms an integral part of the server.

Currently having fireworks set yourself on fire, plus them costing 4 points means I now generally won't just drop fireworks willy nilly. I'll either plan out on something like a finale (Dead Air is good), that i'll buy fireworks roughly every 30seconds as I should have accrued enough points to afford it.

However if we were to somehow restrict fireworks in particular, I would just purchase an alternative instead. So any solution would have to take that into account otherwise it just gets shifted and there would soon be a topic about the "new" fireworks.

Edited by Limi
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

/Concept. I can't program worth a damn so someone else can make it work if it's interesting. I'd love to see what price fireworks settle at after a bunch of rounds...

/Minimum item prices (not a complete list):
minprice.ak = 6
minprice.m4 = 5
minprice.deag = 2
minprice.fireworks = 4
/..etc.. to be balanced
When player buys an item
current.purchases.item++ /increment a counter specific to the purchased item
When round ends
for each item in allitems
if current.purchases.item > lastround.purchases.item then current.price.item++
else if current.purchases.item
end
end
When round starts
current.purchasses.item = 0
end
/eh?

/Concept. I can't program worth a damn so someone else can make it work if it's interesting. I'd love to see what price fireworks settle at after a bunch of rounds...

/Minimum item prices (not a complete list):
minprice.ak = 6
minprice.m4 = 5
minprice.deag = 2
minprice.fireworks = 4
/..etc.. to be balanced
When player buys an item
current.purchases.item++ /increment a counter specific to the purchased item
When round ends
if current.purchases.item > lastround.purchases.item then current.price.item++
else if current.purchases.item < lastround.purchases.item then current.price.item--
end
end
When round starts
current.purchasses.item = 0
end
/eh?

Biggs, come back to game.

I think the current fire system is pretty reasonable. Its introduction really cut back on the firespamming that was making things harder on infected, so it clearly works. I just wish common kills from fireworks didn't count toward achievements like Killing Spree or Killing Machine. It's irritating when survivors can actually make points from being covered in bile. This is especially vexing when this happens in an area that's extremely hard to get a boom off in already, like virtually all of Swamp Fever. Fireproof hordes would be an interesting buy menu option, though. I'd love that.

Edited by VladPiranha