Baby news

looneypumpkin

GC Board Member
(edited)

Been keeping this quiet for a while. Many of you know I suffered a pregnancy loss back in March 2013. Well I will be 29 weeks pregnant with a little boy on Monday -- March 24th. Everything is going great. I'm looking forward to what is likely my last 4 weeks at work before I deliver.

I haven't been around here much because when I'm not working I'm mostly sleeping. The fatigue is constant. I feel almost like a narcoleptic. Hoping to get more gaming in after he's born, but maybe I'm being stupidly optimistic about that. Being our first I'm not sure what to expect. I know I'll be sleep deprived and smelly, but not sure as to what extent. Does L4D2 > shower? I am not sure...maybe.

Name will likely be Sebastian Glen. Glen is for my father who passed away. Sebastian just because it's a name my husband and I can agree on.

Official due date is June 9th, but I expect to pop anytime from late May. I am having some blood pressure issues so my OB thinks I'll deliver early, but who knows. Every week from here on out that I carry is a blessing.

I'm still undecided if I'll go back to work or not. I absolutely hate my job most days -- working with the public is a disgusting and depressing thing at times and after 10yrs I'm rethinking going back to school for something worthwhile that I enjoy. We refinanced my car this morning, so that'll allow me to quit completely if I want to.

Anyway, for those who care that's what's been going on with me :)

Edited by looneypumpkin
  • Like 1

GC Board Member

Yeah we are good financially to stay at home, but I hate not being able to add to savings/take on projects. Not to mention it being really scary to have had 2 incomes for nearly 10yrs and suddenly go down to one.

I really wanted a kitchen remodel or a move into a bigger house. But that's gonna have to likely wait a few years. I'm trying to train myself to be more frugal as we have wasted a lot of money over the years on conveniences.

I did have a lengthy talk with my boss and he completely understands if I don't make up my mind until the last day of my maternity leave, so at least he's not pressuring me for an answer yet :)