Dangerous Witches

MPG1770

GC Server Admin
(edited)

Will people stop encouraging others to buy witches so you can then make them dangerous. This is an exploit.

If we can't get this issue resolved, I say remove dangerous witches from the buy menu altogether.

Edited by MPG1770

(edited)

I don't get it. What's the problem again? What is the exploitation here?

Do you mean that witches bought before buying the "dangerous" option should stay normal witches, and witches bought after buying the "dangerous" option should become dangerous witches?

BTW, just noticed that this topic is "IMPORTANT"

Edited by TestCharacter

(edited)

I don't get it. What's the problem again? What is the exploitation here?

Do you mean that witches bought before buying the "dangerous" option should stay normal witches, and witches bought after buying the "dangerous" option should become dangerous witches?

BTW, just noticed that this topic is "IMPORTANT"

regular witch = 20 pt

dangerous witch = 30 pt

so yes you save 10 pts if you plan like this, which is a big no no now

Edited by Twins

im sure jackie could make it so the price of dangerous witches is dependent on how many witches are alive... if he has time. that could be a solution

ie: so if you have 5 witches alive the cost to make them dangerous would be base cost+50

I don't have much of a problem with it, to be honest. To use this exploit requires an entire team to syncronize and work together to see the benefits of their purchases. The design of the server has always been about encouraging that kind of cooperation. That's why we have the menu item to reghost the entire team when the tank spawns. With how readily available explosive ammo and laser sights are, I think the dangerous witch farm is a badly needed strategy to help the infected gain the upper hand. It's also nice to know that tanks aren't the only haymaker to throw at the survivors. That kind of variety keeps games fun.

That being said, I try to comply with the current ruling and I don't really see others trying to bend the rules either.

Honestly, when coding this, I thought of it being used like this. I didn't think anything of it because it's more strategic than anything else.

However, I am open to changing it. I haven't quite figured out how to make it so Witches bought before Dangerous Witches stay Not-As-Dangerous.

I have always agreed with Vlad on this. To me it seems like a strategic move to get a team to buy witches before someone buys up the upgrade. You also have to time it right because the other team may be triggering the first witches before the upgrade is purchased. If we think it is too overpowered to do it this way, maybe raise the cost of regular witches by 5?

Honestly, when coding this, I thought of it being used like this. I didn't think anything of it because it's more strategic than anything else.

However, I am open to changing it. I haven't quite figured out how to make it so Witches bought before Dangerous Witches stay Not-As-Dangerous.

Ok so instead of just getting rid of Dangerous Witches, can we just put Dangerous Witch in the Special Infected menu.

This will give the player a choice between a Regular witch and Dangerous Witch to randomly spawn.

• Like 2

Just so you guys know the dangerous witch is not dangerous at all.. i could barely see a survivor died as a direct result of the witch... perhaps twice a month.

Turning them into dangerous like the way it is could be what it is intended.

Hey I like the idea of buying a regular witch or dangerous witch. Maybe dangerous could be the bride version so survivors can know the difference?

But I agree, unless survivors are boomed or just bad, dangerous witches aren't that bad if you crown them or use explosive ammo. Unless it's a witch farm and chaotic.

I don't agree that it's an exploit and wish that strategizing with your team in this way was NOT against the rules. Makes you not even want to buy dangerous witches unless you just have an excess amount of points, so therefore it's not fun.

• Like 1

Hey I like the idea of buying a regular witch or dangerous witch. Maybe dangerous could be the bride version so survivors can know the difference?

I think it should be like Russian roulette with purchase of a regular witch or dangerous witch. They should look the same and the caption should still state "blah blah blah made nick's ex-wife appear." I think it makes the game a little more surprising especially when players are trying to crown a witch.