Justified Rushing, unjustified?

Harrold

So, we were playing No Mercy, 3rd map. Good game, the other team was getting all their tanks (two in this case, in the tunnel, no where to go) build up and stomping over us. Turns out, there is 4 players left, I am one of them. I die. I buy up and we are 4 people again. Two more players die and I pop some adrenalin, because I was the only main left and wanted to go for some points. We were dying in the small alleyway, everything was covered in spit, the two tanks around us blocking all entrances/exits. I either die in spit or try to get some points for this team as a main.

At this point, the last main in the map to get points for the team, no way of surviving, I think you can call this justified rushing. Not that it's possible to make it far, but apparently it's worth a ban anyways.

Here a few screenshots of the log

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3314956771950379975/3EA104BF51A86521F1851778162DEC0FCE2E9264/

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3314956771950374696/6E3B8C53B863B3E84036AB241428EBD8F770640A/

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3314956771950370681/7FC3498CF4C0A91C31873BAEA789CEAB88F24F4C/

Harrold, you were banned trying to go in the sewers while 5 people were left. 2 were down. I been alive the entire time as a tank watching you. This is much much later in the map from your screenshot. I repeatedly told you to not rush from the previous rounds. Now you are putting up screen shots not relevant to the original reason I gave you a 1 day ban. Also two admins were on, and both I and the other admin were telling you the same thing. In addition, the being rude to new players was not cool, so your overall attitude got you a 1 day ban. Hopefully you can use this time and reflect on your actions.

In addition, you are a member and know the rules. I know you know the rules.

Edited by Garychios

You are simply ignoring the screenshots? They are proof, that not even 5 people were left alive. My overall attitude was not part of the ban. The reason I was banned (as shown in the screenshot) says rushing. The screenshots are 100% relevant, it says rushing right in the screenshot, no mentioning of the attitude. You failed to properly justify a ban.

Here is the log.

[GC] The Survivors have used 1 out of 3 respawns!
[GC] Harrold respawned! There are 4 Survivors left!
[GC] Not enough, you need 15 points!
Player Kumatora<STEAM_1:1:49301372> connected from country Unknown
#Cstrike_TitlesTXT_Game_connected
CBaseClientState::FileDenied: downloads/54fd107f.dat.
[GC] Chris died! There are 3 Survivors left!
[GC] Killed Monster X + 1 points
Chris : !points
Chris : !sp
[GC] Chris has given you 42.45 points!
[GC] Sour D died! There are 2 Survivors left!
Please read the MOTD for server rules and guidelines.
[GC] Sniper bonus: 1 Point(s)
Chris : 42.45 POINTS SENT
CBaseClientState::FileReceived: downloads/54fd107f.dat.
Disconnect: You have been banned by this server, check http://www.gcftw.com/ for more info.

I was other admin. There was a lot of bad attitude towards new people, sadly there were a few people doing it.

As far as the rush, I do know that Turbo had asked him multiple times to stop rushing earlier in the campaign. I didn't see the respawn but Harrold was in the front.

Rushing can be justified when there are only a couple/few left. However if there were more than it is breaking the rules.

In the first map everybody made it into the safe room except the guy who died right in front of the safe room door :/. In the second map, I died by the tank right at the beginning and elegant was the last man standing in the map in the far back.

Harrold, I am going to say you are lying and making it worse for you. You did not respawn so far ahead and your screenshots have nothing to do with the location of the ban.

Two admins told you to stop rushing over and over, Two admins heard your attitude and let it go, the final straw was you just trying to go into the sewers by the sewer plate when your team was upstairs in the hallway by the entrance of the hallways.

Also, you would be the first member i have banned ever, so think about why I would do a ban on you for 1day.

Regards, Lady, the facts are extremely skewed here on Harrolds part. Mad was on the server with me, and saw what happened.

In addition, I banned you after the entire round was coming to an end. I waited a little to check some things. And at that point your team was dying. Your team was dying the last few rounds too because of the rushing. People complain to us privately all the time about rushers. I personally have never had an issue with you ever, but I am an admin and I am trying to do my job to the best ability. Before I was an admin, I did not realize how hard it is to make everyone happy, so now that I am an Admin, my goal is to make the community a better place by enforcing the rules.

Like I said, think about all the bans I have done, and why I would ban you. The rules were broken over and over multiple times and you kept ignoring me.

GC Server Admin
(edited)

'Ignoring Admins' is a ban in it's own right, regardless of the situation. Compounded with your effrontery of previous misbehaviours, I'm quite frankly astonished that Harrold and his side-kick is still here.

Edited by MPG1770

And you know what Rushing should be justified as to when is the question when is it appropriate time to rush when your team is dead and you are the only main. Due too circumstances this promotes players in the front to not be hurt the most. Players rushing have less tendencies to care about players being put into danger. "Being Killed"

or you will get a player rushing by themselves giving the opposing team a chance to get killed by a tank. I think there should be a plug in that after a really long radius of being with the other players it will transfer you back kind of like what is going on with the bots.

(edited)

I find it funny those rushing blame the guys getting held back as responsible for losing the round.

I was doing No Mercy the other day and a guy got incap in a room close to the safe room, someone went to get him and I followed to cover them and while we were getting destroyed the rest of the team was at the elevator just waiting, they got killed by spitters and a tank and still placed the blame on the 3 that were stuck.

edit: I just read the Do Not Post Thread, sorry about this post.

Edited by Vilkys