Draco

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really enjoyed it a lot. Being an old-school comic head, I noticed several creative licenses the director took that veered off from the X-Men history of the comic (as did X-Men 1) but nothing that was so bad that would make even the geekiest fanboy stand up and protest.

I think they revealed too much about the history of the x-men (one or two in particular) but that is just my comic book side coming out. Somethings weren't revealed in the comics for a decade or more...not many people will wait that long in a movie :D ). But overall, I thought it was a great movie. I have heard people say that it is better than X-Men 1 but I loved them both so I can't really say one is better than the other cuz ehty both were awesome.

Oh yeah, there will definitely be a third movie released. Anyone who knows anything about the X-Men from the comic or the original X-Men animated series (not X-Men Evolution) will catch some very powerful tell-tale signs about what is coming next.

Ah yes, I myself am a comic book fan from way back, and x-men in particular. Phoenix anyone?

I thought the opening fight scene was incredible, and worth my $3.75. I did like this one better than the first, but I will say no more in order to not spoil the movie.

*cough*Phoenix*cough*

Can't wait for the third! Too bad Halle Berry hasn't commited to the third yet...without Storm, X-Men is nothing!

X-Men 2 > X-Men 1

Any relation between NightCrawler and Mystique? Yellow eyes, blue skin? I know the comic hints of a relation, but what do you think?

Gunny

Ive been an X-Men fan forever. The movies are really good some things are diff then in the actual comics but whos perfect? Anyway im woundering for the 3rd movie how they would tie the Pheonix into? I do believe in the TV series it took about 6-8 episodes to do it all. And for gods sake if i dont see Gambit im gonna freak.

Oh yea does anyone else remember who all was "created" in that lab. Me and my freinds were trying to remember the TV episode where everyone showed up...it was 4 people i was thinking...Wolverine, Sabertooth, Maverick and Omega Red....and they had to fight a robot. Can anyone else confirm on this or even know what im talking about?

Oh and another thing....Pyro never had anything to do with the X-men he was recruited into the brotherhood og evil mutants by mistique.

Would like ot have seen Collusus fight too.

Sorry i could go on and on about x-men so ill stop.

Oh yeah, there will definitely be a third movie released.  Anyone who knows anything about the X-Men from the comic or the original X-Men animated series (not X-Men Evolution) will catch some very powerful tell-tale signs about what is coming next.

Yea, picked up on those pretty easily, I have never had much to do with the comic book or the TV series, but I will say I have friends that do and even without them I know whats comin...hehe B)

And for gods sake if i dont see Gambit im gonna freak.

He is my favorite, doesn't he start off evil and then turns to the X-Men...seriously in the first one, I thought Toad was him until he did the Tongue thing...

Oh BTW, X-Men 2 > X-Men 1

Notice: You buy X-Men 1.5 and get a free movie ticket to X2!!!

Gambit didn't start off evil, per se. He was a member of the Thieves Guild in New Orleans, married the daughter of (and heir to) the head of the Assassin's Guild, thus uniting the two guilds, did something (can't remember) to tick off the Assassin's, thereby re-igniting the guild feud, not too mention ticking off his wife who is now that head of the Assassin's guild.

I didn't get Toad confused with Gambit in #1 cuz I had read some of the previews and knew who was going to be in it. I do think the actor (can't remember his name but he played Darth Maul and the Headless Horseman (during the actual headless parts) in Legend of Sleepy Hollow) would have made a great looking Gambit but I don't think he would have been able to handle the Cajun accent (X-Men 1 was the most speaking he had ever done in a movie.

Just watched it again :) They did have Gambit's name in this one anyway. It was on the computer screen when mystique was in Striker's office. Also, the Beast was doing an interview on the TV the little boy was watching. (I didn't catch the Beast myself, it was pointed out).

oh and for gods sake why rogue and iceman...it was gambit she loved gambit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gambit should have been in it not freakin ice man sfdaj;bfgsdajkb;fdsajkbvds (frustration of not seeing gambit) who do u think would play a good gambit though...me and my freinds were talking about people who play parts and we had dolf lungren (spell?) as gambit and arnie as omega red..it was great but who could really play gambit? and who do u think they would have as the villians in the next one if they go with the pheonix plot?

Weapon X, Lies, & Videotape

A cryptic postcard unleashes a flood of maddening and painful memories in Wolverine that threaten to drive him insane. To keep his mind from being torn apart, Wolverine and Beast travel to the one location that may hold the answers to his hidden past: the ruins of the top-secret Weapon X lab where Wolverine's bones were laced with adamantium. There he encounters other former 'test subjects' -- Sabretooth, Maverick and Silver Fox -- who are suffering similar mental breakdowns. Old passions and rivalries are reignited as the four former government agents break into the lab, leading to an explosive climax and the realization that some secrets are best left buried...

hehe im good real good i knew i would find the episode...darn i really thought omega red was in it..oh well

I truly think that the movie productions will be over there head if they bring Omega Red into the picture...therefore I come to the conclusion, they won't bring him in IMO.

Quick question, does anyone here think the original person cast as Wolverine (Glenn Danzig) would have done a better job? I dunno, just throwing that out there.

If they cast Dolf Lundgren as Gambit, I quit.

Hrrrmmm, who could pull of the accent though, I am at a loss myself.

If it wasn't for the accent, and it was about 30 years ago, I would say Clint. They may just be better off with an unknown, cuz I really can't think of anyone that could pull it off.

ROosTEr,May 6 2003, 01:33 AM] Quick question, does anyone here think the original person cast as Wolverine (Glenn Danzig) would have done a better job?

I think Hugh Jackman does a great job as Wolverine. As for Gambit...They will have to do some looking into. Are they planning on bringing Juggernaut into the next one? He was always a weak villain but he has a lot of story to him. I don't know, I have been wondering all the possibilities that could happen in the movie. I even thought as far as the Time Travel Team with Bishop and Cable and stuff :lol:

(edited)

Maybe bring Moira MacTaggert and Shaun Cassidy (Banshee) into it. This would give reason to bring Juggernaut (Kane Marko, Xavier's half-brother) into it since he is a constant companion of Black Tom Cassidy, Banshee's brother.

Edited by dwEEziL

ah my freinds but u must understand to keep things logical with the way the movies are going they will have to take people from the Pheonix saga or people wont understand the eneding to X2. So now heres my question how do u turn what took the cartoon series 8 episodes to do and put that into about 2 hours. Ive been thinking about it a lot and i dont think they should have brought the pheonix into it cuz now for a logical sequal they have to stick to that and all who know how the pheonix saga went people wont understand a freakin thing if they choose that for the next movie. Blarg i dont know what they will do now for the 3rd movie. All i know is Gambit better be in it!!!!!!!!!!!

The don't necessarily have to due a Phoenix plot next movie. They could do somthing else and end it up with the resurrection of Jean Grey as Phoenix, this guaranteeing both the 3rd and the 4th being a success (people coming to the 3rd to see Phoenix only to find out they need to come to the 4th to really see her).

I remember sitting in junior high lunch reading about wolverine. And Robotech. I thought anything else was a waste of time. I used to sit with tracing paper and trace wolverine over and over again. And watch Robotech and read the import thick, glossy mag/books of their stuff. And drink Mr. Pibb. It was in Texas and we only had Coca-cola vending machines because Pepsi is for people that like/d Care Bears. Anyway, I haven't gone to see X2 yet. But it makes me want a Mr. Pibb and some tracing paper.

Guest fanboy
Guest fanboy
Guest fanboy
Guests
(edited)

x2 pwnd.

they did an excellent job with nightcrawler as well as fleshing out storm.

the only problem i had was with the last scene. someone mind telling me where the **** the blackbird was during the collapse of the dam? i couldn't figure out if it was on top of the dam, or below it by where the helicopter was parked... it was just something that bugged me because i couldn't place how much danger they were in... bad cinamatography there, but that was the only place :)

hey, rooster....wilford brimly did an excellent cajun accent in john woo's hard target. come to think of it, jean claude van damm did one too... :P

longshot, dweeze?! ****, i wanna see deadpool, but i know it ain't gonna happen. <_<

or if it does, its going to be like daredevil [cringes]

Edited by fanboy

They hinted around as to Nightcrawler and Mystique's relationship in the comics (maybe even laid it out in concrete since my reading days) but X-men evolution confirmed that she was in fact his mother. I also remember her being rogue'step-mother or mother-in-law.

I only saw X2 once thus far, but I did catch both Remy Lebeau (Gambit) and Hank McCoy (Beast) right off the bat. I also noticed that Halle Berry dropped the weak attempt at an accent that she tried in the first one. Don't get me wrong, I don't see anyone better fit to play Storm, I just think they should have dropped the accent from the start.

As far as Dulph Lundgren goes, I couldn't see him playing any role except perhaps Colossus (who I was very pleased to see in X2). Me and my friends used to always try and pick out who we thought would be best cast if they ever had an X-men movie. We were right on the money on Prof. X and Storm. We thought (at the time) that Jean Claude would make a good Gambit, Dulph as Colossus, Cindy Crawford as Jean (remember this was a little over 10 years ago at the time of these picks). Can't remember the others off the top of my head right now.

I am also wondering if this will mean we will see any of the Shi'ar or Starjammers in the third addition. I myself would like to see Omega Red brought to the surface, Havoc, Gambit, and maybe perhaps they could tie Cable into the third one along with the appearance of the Phoenix.

w00t! saw it today and was very happy with it. The dam scene was a bit quirky, but nightcrawler's effect made up for it. I'm surprised they didn't spend a bit more time/money on the effects because it was a bit off of LotR or Matrix quality and it's a pretty big franchise to skimp on I thought. Great though.