Farewell GC Left 4 Dead 2 Server.

Test

(edited)

I'm going to Philippines and I know for sure I cannot play L4D2 from there coz' of high ping. No sense of joining and playing with Ultra-Lag and being a burden to the team.

I joined just last late December (2013) and was shocked and at the same time excited to see an active L4D2 server with 10v10 mod. This server I knew was different than others because most of the time it was full and it got LOW PING! So I started joining at random times and was being kicked almost every time I joined. So I searched for this server in Google, joined forums, started reading topics here. Since I started becoming semi-active in this server and got tired of being auto kicked, I decided to buy the membership on February and I never regretted this decision. Playing without any fear of being kicked was so amazing after weeks of being in denial.

Thanks to those who taught me on my early stages on this server about the point system, on how to spawn block, the SI combos, and many more...

No more tank skipper in this server. :happy:

Bye Bye

crying2-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928624

Edited by TestCharacter

(edited)

I thought of leaving the server for the same reason, but here I am. I joined this server last year having 220~250 ms all the time and believe me, it is really annoying at first to the point of rage quitting but I said to myself... let's get on with it.
That didn't stopped me from playing, instead... I embraced it and believe me it is not that bad once you understand how to skeet, kill flying boomers or high pounce with a huge delay.
Still, I've a server in Atlanta and I looked up a few servers from the Philippines and you maybe have from 200 to 280 milliseconds. That's exactly what I have from Argentina (with spikes from 300 to 340ms) and you can see me lead the scores (not so often xD).

I say, give it a try at least, there are lot of really good players from outside the US having 140ms+

If you can't then I hope you come back someday pal, good luck over there!

PD: Also, it didn't stopped me of having more headshot ratio than Meng! (He has 20.14 %... I've 20.44 % muehueheuhe)

Edited by Jose

ping will be about 200-300

it wont be a problem.

i played with a bunch of fili players in css and they have no problem.. and we are just talking about l4d2 here

i play in asia l4d2 servers all the time, no problem there unless you experience lag spike every other second.

good luck.

I'm about the same MavC although I don't think mine has gone lower than 170. It doesn't help being at the bottom of the world.

Safe travels TestCharacter. You're a great player and I hope to see you back in game once you've settled in your new home country.

Haha, you guys are encouraging me to play with high ping. Will try connecting once to check the ping and see how it goes. Still here at Narita airport at Japan.

Btw, i forgot to tell that i will be here for just 2 months. :)

• 4 weeks later...