So uh, this server died quickly.

Fenix

So as you can see, starting up an alpha server was a bad idea huh? Why didn't we just stick with something solid like DayZ or another established steam game? I can tell you that what pushed me away from the server were the updates that constantly erased all my hard work. So is this server gonna go somewhere, or are we gonna let it die a quiet death?

Figured. I just hope Rust turns out to be an OK game once it goes through a final release....if that ever happens. I would have to say this game was pretty boring though. I'm more into survival than building. The reason I liked DayZ (Arma 2 version) so much was the survival aspect of the game, as well as the variety of weapons and vehicles in the game. There's not as much weapons or any vehicles in the standalone version, but it's still a fun game.

So does this mean you're shutting down the server?

Yes, they will be updated. I don't have an eta at the moment. Work has been priority and hopefully after the next few days it slows down and I will get back to fixing up the Rust server.

Even if we were to populate the server with 20 people in one night...it won't stick. All the updates done to the server erasing everything will cause people to migrate to other servers. And we don't even have 20 people within our community to even get on this game...let alone at the same time.

My problem is that its so.... empty. There is not a whole lot to do/explore. I really enjoyed the game for about 2-3 weeks... but then I was like, "ok... now what do I do?" Shrug, I don't have an issue with PvP, I enjoy it. Same thing though.... there is nothing to do after a while.

Shaftiel

a

Even if we were to populate the server with 20 people in one night...it won't stick. All the updates done to the server erasing everything will cause people to migrate to other servers. And we don't even have 20 people within our community to even get on this game...let alone at the same time.

actually Fenix when a Rust server has been wiped ( and it shows the date in the server name) thats when all the new players join servers *if they are looking a new server at the time. I'm playing a vanilla server right now they just wiped yesterday new players abound yesterday and today.

My problem is that its so.... empty. There is not a whole lot to do/explore. I really enjoyed the game for about 2-3 weeks... but then I was like, "ok... now what do I do?" Shrug, I don't have an issue with PvP, I enjoy it. Same thing though.... there is nothing to do after a while.

Shaftiel

Same here, they have been showing off all of these cool new things in the dev blog, but have yet to push anything in to the game

For a full preview of upcoming features check here on Fridays for update information. http://playrust.com/