Prayer Request on behalf of [Mmmm]MrDuke

He hasn't been around these parts lately, but I know there's a few of us that know him.

I apologize for informing everyone this way, but I don't have the energy for all the emails and phone calls. To those that don't follow (my wife's) page, her cancer spread to her brain. We thought we had the breast cancer beat but God threw us a curve ball. We are scared but staying strong. We received good news(?) in that the cancer isn't in the liver, bones or lungs. Unfortunately, we won't know any more details until she finishes 2 more weeks of brain radiation. If you would, please keep her in your prayers.

Please keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers as they face another fight.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hello to all.  Thanks for the kind words and prayers.  Kel is putting up a good fight- she's off a little, but overall she's doing well.

I think about this place often and I have it on my 'to do' list to upgrade to the latest CS version.  

I wish you all a safe and happy holiday. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Update:

Kel is still fighting, but losing the fight.  We spend many nights on the couch holding hands, reminiscing about life's funny moments.

Tonight laughter was brought up by Fragfest memories so I thought I'd jump into the forums for a quick shout out.

Whether it be my daughter, my wife or my brother I know this place prays for my family.

Thanks to all.

Go hug your kids.

Duke 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Kel passed away a little over a week ago.

Faith allows me to accept it without feeling overwhelming despair.  I get a little sad at times but mostly I feel at peace.  The kids are doing ok- I give them plenty of attention.

Thanks to all for your thoughts and prayers over the months and years, it made a difference.

No need to reply, just sending out a quick update and thank you.

I look forward to seeing you all in game.  

Duke

Well I want to reply cuz you aren't the boss of me. :)

Of all the things we go through on this Earth, the loss of our companions is one of the very toughest. Know that you have those who care for you who are standing with you. My prayers are with you brother and if you need someone to rant to or someone who will listen I'm always available. My very best to your family.