rules on skipping???

PrincessCupcake

so what are the rules on skipping the map? the other night we were playing my team was down 3000 points. so i wanted to skip so i ask peanut if we can and he told us we cant if there ONE PERSON say no. so we were force to finish the map with out even a vote. i have tryed asking other admins and they just didnt hear me or didnt want to answer it. so i would like to know the rules.

I had recently made a revision to this rule that I just informed admins about. It was my fault I didn't mention it to them earlier.

The revised rule is if the losing team's requests to skip greatly outweigh the winning team's requests NOT to skip, a request is still valid.

Example: The losing team has 6 people who want to skip the finale, whereas the winning team has 2 people who say "no!", a vote can still be placed.

The losing team gets priority in this situation which is what I should have been in the first place and makes more sense than giving one person who says "no" control over the situation.

• Like 1

TestCharacter - An admin can still skip after one team has gone in the finale, but it is the same rules Jackie mentioned above. The point spread of the game has to be out of reach for the losing team, most of the losing team players have to want a vote, a majority vote has to pass. If an admin is not following rules, you should let someone know.

if one team has played through the final, generally the other team must play as well even if there is no chance of winning.

exactly. worse thing was, we played as survivors first, after playing as survivors, when it was our turn to play as infected. one certain admin just skipped. when i try to ask him on the next campaign what is the reason on why he/she skip after playing as infected, he said vote skip is successful, then i started reasoning with him that it was not a good move to skip after 1 team has played as infected, he just gave me a warning.

NOTE: he opened up a VOTE SKIP during the first round of finale, VOTE FAILED.

after they have finished playing as Infected, he opened up a VOTE SKIP again, then vote become success.

this is not fair.

• Like 1

sometimes, admin/s skip the finale after 1 team has already played as Infected. this happened to me. i wont mention his/her name.

would this be the same one that skips mid finale (ie after first tank)

sometimes, admin/s skip the finale after 1 team has already played as Infected. this happened to me. i wont mention his/her name.

would this be the same one that skips mid finale (ie after first tank)

There is no need to call people out...

Be a happy L4Der.

Just to be clear.

The rules as they stand, absolutely DO allow an admin to ask for a "skip finale" vote, after one team has gone. It follows the same rules as before the round starts.

So if the losing team can not win the game by getting all 10 survivors to the end, AND people want to call a vote to skip, (without anyone objecting OR if the losing team mostly wants to skip vs the winning team objecting), then a vote can be called for. If the vote is successful, the last round is skipped.

That is the rule.

My personal opinion is, I like that option, because when one team is being massacred, and the last round of finale is up, most people end up leaving the server or complaining. Also, I personally do not enjoy playing on either side of a massacre. I enjoy a challenge in this game. But I can understand how some people think they should play it out.

If you have any questions about the rules the admins are enforcing, feel free to post or ask. If you disagree with a rule, again feel free to post your opinion, as some rules can be changed. If you have a complaint about specific admins, please put in a report through the report system. How does posting generic statements in here help? (two people did that). All admins should be following rules/punishments laid out by Jackie (based on GC rules and server/game specific situations). Before I was an admin, I didn't like the inconsistency with admins on some of the rules and punishments. Jackie did a nice job of compiling the rules and punishments. Not every situation can be addressed that way, but in general, admins should be following it. If they are not, send in a complaint, message a board member. Whether it is minor issue or major issue, it doesn't hurt to address it.

• Like 2

sorry, I have to add one more note to this

After us adding the second server, we found the need for more admins (requested on the forums from members). So we recently added a bunch of new admins. It is not easy being a new admin on our L4D2 servers. Learning to be an admin, while also playing is hard. They have to watch every person on both teams, listen to both teams, read the chat from both teams, know all the rules and different punishments for them all, remember or find all the admin commands. And if they make a mistake or do not take immediate action they get up to 19 people yelling, laughing, complaining, etc.

If you are a regular to the server, try to help out the newer admins, rather than argue with them. If you think they are doing something consistently wrong, maybe message them about it, or message me or another experienced admin so we can help them with it.