san's Email

Yortz

Thank you for reminding players in game and here as well about this email and what is expected of us. I didn't sign up to the forums until a few weeks ago so I didn't know this was even a thing. Too often I load in and I see it stacked to oblivion and no one doing a single thing to even out the situation. I wish players would take more initiative and have more awareness as to when a team is clearly stacked and ask for a scramble or at least call an admin to do something. When it's 2200 to 700 going into the third map of a five map campaign, something is not right. We enjoy playing with our friends and working well together with players who know what they're doing but there needs to come a time of realization that the match is essentially a pub stomp. Be proactive.

this is obviously a forgery

jk San` hit the nail on the head

• 4 months later...

This is coming from the game tonight, where regulars choose to do nothing to help out the game on GC.

I put up a vote that fails, and no one wants to fix the situation.  Regulars acting likes it OK for this game, because will ,you know its 10 v 10.   Players who always complain about stacks to me, then are quiet on the winning team. 

Then watching scores 112 v 1500.  Come on.  Do you really enjoy games like that?

• Like 1

Then watching scores 112 v 1500.  Come on.  Do you really enjoy games like that?

In all honesty Turbo, yes. When the game gets to the point where it becomes so easy to win, everyone literally starts messing around on one team and starts having a great time, nobody takes anything seriously and everyone on the winning team is enjoying themselves.

On the other hand the other team is miserable, just constantly asking for a scramble or just chanting to themselves over and over, "This isn't fair" or "This game is so stacked." 

I guarantee you though if you were to take this person that was chanting its so stacked or this isn't fair and slap him on the winning team where everyone was laughing and giggling and enjoying themselves, he would forget about his previous argument that the game was unfair and start chiming in with the other people having fun.

My point here is this: if you want to point out stacked teams and try and do something when the game is clearly going to be on-sided, that is totally fine. However, DO NOT sit there on the losing team and say the teams are stacked if you are not willing to say that on your own completely stacked team when you are winning. There are plenty of people on this server that do that and I have seen this scenario countless times. Edit2: This scenario is present with admins and members alike. A person on the losing team complains even if its the slightest disadvantage, yet when on the winning team even when completely stacked, does nothing because they are enjoying themselves.

I will not lie, I am guilty of this, as we all are or have been at one point. I'm not perfect and neither are you, and unless you are perfect, you don't have the right to ridicule me for this, albeit I'm sure some peoples opinions of me will drop no doubt, but I can't satisfy what everyone expects of me nor will I try to because its pointless to conform to what everyone else wants and drop what I want.

So unless you do this for both teams, call stacks whether or not you are on the winning or losing team, do not post in this thread, and let it die.

Edit: This is to encourage you to do as san's email says so that you can say, "I am one of those that helps both teams regardless of stacked teams."

Edited by MurderinClony
  • Like 2

(edited)

@turbo i asked you if you wanted me to swap, in chat and on mic after the first part of the first chapter (can check logs, i have a ss as well). You ignored it. And then there was so much complaining and the way you acted that was off putting that no one wanted to even change teams. You did 1 scramble vote (that failed) on the 2nd part for the first chapter, so ofc that would fail since no one likes playing same part twice. You could have done another vote after that chapter but you didnt even bother.

And if you ask why i didnt change teams by myself. Its cause i was banned for a week for doing that exact same thing  (teams were 10v9 for infected and i was on infected)

Edited by Twins
  • Like 2

Happy thoughts people! Happy thoughts!

Some times you get the bear, some times the bear gets you. Balance is where it's at but sometimes just take the lumps and mix it up next round and let it go. Ye'olde UT2K4 days map control could be set within 3 minutes of start and then no amount of talent/team balance would save the other team. 

He said/she said stuff ain't gonna cut it. Adhere to the spirit of the message and all will be well. Start pulling in specific instances and drama and pain result. 

Temp-locked for a bit and we'll open it up again later.