BioWare E3 Official Trailer - Mass Effect and New Title Update

walkingCat

I'm very excited, but that ending man... it scarred me so bad. Started a new mass effect run yesterday. Over 600 hours spent in mass effect 2. Mass effect 3: barely 80 hours.

QQ less, the ending was fine.

which one?

Mass Effect 3? Or which Mass Effect 3 ending?

Mass Effect, like most popular franchises, have a rabid fan base. If the ending isn't exactly what they want they will cry about it. And that's exactly what they did. NO ending would have made fans happy.

Edited by VooDooPC

I'm very excited, but that ending man... it scarred me so bad. Started a new mass effect run yesterday. Over 600 hours spent in mass effect 2. Mass effect 3: barely 80 hours.

which one?

Mass Effect, like most popular franchises, have a rabid fan base. If the ending isn't exactly what they want they will cry about it. And that's exactly what they did. NO ending would have made fans happy.

No i'm really not like that. The ending didn't need to be 'this way' or 'that way'. It wasn't horrible, but it was just completely out of tune with the rest of the tone set by the universe at that point. 

So i wasn't completely happy, but i also wasn't part of the "we need a new ending" cryers

which one?

No i'm really not like that. The ending didn't need to be 'this way' or 'that way'. It wasn't horrible, but it was just completely out of tune with the rest of the tone set by the universe at that point. 

So i wasn't completely happy, but i also wasn't part of the "we need a new ending" cryers

Good. When you said you were "scarred" by it, I assumed you were one of THOSE people. ;)

I thought the story was kind of dumb from the start when they introduced that spiritual kid. I felt the pacing was kind of weird, it started with Earth pretty much getting blown to bits and then Shepard is off boning aliens. All the story aspects seemed "Rush, rush, save Earth!" but I'm walking around the Citadel listening in on people's phone conversations getting them new parts to their car or some crap. I think the ending was fine with what they set themselves up with.

IMHO, without DLC's and Extended cut ending is dumb as heck. They really put a little effort to finish it properly. I believe somewhere in their office, on a shelf, there is a original script of the game with ending(s) that make a better sense.

And yeah, that holographic kid... I shot it in da face first time I played. "SO BE IT!"

I'm playing ME3 again and remembered what it was exactly that annoyed me:

it's the fact that best ending is basically the destroy option: destroying all synthetics. This really bothered me because of the depth of the discussion around the differences or similarities between synthetics and organics, with debates on free will, autonomy etc. 

You get really invested in EDI and in the geth, and then you have to destroy them. Which would be ok if this sacrifice was really highlighted, but it isn't. It felt to me like: yes, chose to destroy the reapers. Oh and those geth and EDI who have really grown on you are dead too, don't make a big deal out of it now.

I played all three games multiple times. Honestly I had no issues with any of the endigns, though i admit I didn't get to the end until after the extended cut came out.I also shot the holo kid once, and chose all three different endings in my various  playthroughs. The first time I chose destroy, simply because that is what Shepard had been working toward the entire time. It was difficult because I had chosen to save the geth, and felt bad for them. The brutality of that ending was that to me EDI had become so human, I no longer considered her synthetic and so it came as somewhat of a chock (sillt I know) when I saw her destroyed. I felt that the control option was the worst possible choice because I was only replacing one puppet master with myself, and falsly assuming things would be different now that I was in control. The "best" ending, the one in which there was the most hope for a future where synthetics and organics could live in lasting peace with each other was synthesis.

People griped about how their actions during the games meant nothing, but they're wrong. In only one of my play throughs was I able to save both the geth and the quarians. Every other time I was forced to choose one or the other because I hadn't built strong enough relations with both sides. It always seemed unfair if I chose to allow the geth to be exterminated sinply because I didn't want to lose Tali because as it was shown throuhout 3, the geth never started the conflicts. I have heard the argument that there was "no coog choice" at the end. Well, was there a "good choice" when the game forced you to choose between Kaiden and Ashley in ME1?  Making the best chpice of horrible options if the hallmark of battlefield command. Some poeple will live, and others wil die based on what you tell them to do. ME showed this repeatedly throughout the 3 games.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter in this saga. :) (and still have the itch to play it again after completing 1 and 2 twice, and 3 three times. :) )