a member stacking..

JKap

(edited)

Yesterday night, at around 12:30 CTD

We started a new game on "No mercy" and everyone  loaded in and ready to start the game.

As soon as the game starts Charon happens to be in our team and leaves.

Two minutes later, she join's the game again and ends up right on the opposite team, which happens to be the same team Clony is on.

I asked her if she can move over to her original team but she declines and starts to blame her Wireless connection...???

" I have wireless too. your point?" I replied.

And it wasn't like teams were full, there was still slots open so she could have moved over but she didn't.

his is called Stacking and there was a similar issue on the subject matter..

, and how can you blame your connection when you have be playing stabled for 2 games? doesn't make sense or adds up.

If you want to check the Logs, Please do.

Edited by JKap

I wasn't there at the time so I don't have much to say on that part.

Although for her internet is definitely unstable. She mentions a lot about it, how often it spikes (200-1000 ping consecutively) and she has taken steps to try and fix it (something about the wireless adapter and her sister). Wireless will always fluctuate, some work well for others and other times is just downright unstable.

Oh, I heard about that. I will attest to the fact that she does suffer connection issues at times and I'm sure other have noticed her leaving at random times. It could be coincidental that her internet forced her to leave at the beginning of a campaign. There are times when I have the unfortunate pleasure of playing on my laptop and my ping skyrockets beyond 3000 and I go afk for a little while. So with her past history, pinning stacking because of internet issues is guesswork and assumptions. The part of the story that sounds sketchy is her not moving back to her old team. It's customary that if you DC and there is room, you go back to your old team. Why she didn't? Idk. I'd move her back to her old team, though. I find it fishy she would straight up decline.

After you pointed it out, she moved over, I have a screenshot of it.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=270182441

I will say at the beginning of the campaign too, after she got disconnected, it was 8 infected, 9 survivors, and some guy swapped over to the infected side, making it 9 infected and 8 survivors

She joined immediately back and was put on the survivor team making it 9v9. If she were to swap it would be a 10 infected, 8 survivors, that's stacking right there, let alone the fact that she probably didn't know her team in the first place.

And btw jkap, she did not decline to move over, and it wasn't her that blamed her wireless connection, I stated those things. And you did not ask her to move over immediately, you decided to call her a stacker first and say there was a forum post about it. It took you a few minutes of bashing her before you decided to say "i just asked if she can switch over to her regular side" to which she replied "i dont even knwo which side i was on"

Jkap, when you tried to argue with me, you were constantly saying, where's the proof, you didn't show any yourself that she was on the infected team to begin with either.

I wasn't there at the time so I don't have much to say on that part.

Although for her internet is definitely unstable. She mentions a lot about it, how often it spikes (200-1000 ping consecutively) and she has taken steps to try and fix it (something about the wireless adapter and her sister). Wireless will always fluctuate, some work well for others and other times is just downright unstable.

If you don't believe jerky, take a look at charon's screenshots, she has about three pictures of her ping at 1000+ and one of those at a good 2000+

Also, I will show you these three screenshots taken later that night, when she was on my team to begin with.

The first proves she was on the infected team: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=270186770

The second proves I was on her team (hence your argument is her staying on my team): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=270186787

The third proves she leaves because her wifi is still unstable and she has to fix it: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=270186802

Last edit, all you admins have the chat logs, and I also have screenshots of the whole conversation. Not once did charon "decline" to swap to the other team.

Edited by MurderinClony

Despite I already talked to an admin right after this happened and to check the console to prove I got disconnected ( it shows in console that someone got timed out or DC himself), I would state the situation here as well.

To start thing first , I'm not a stacker and I hate when people swap team and always try to ask them to go back, I'm sure many have noticed that. In fact just 2 days ago , I was in game during Crash Course, I had to leave to fix internet and when I rejoined I got put on the other side ( which Clony was on). I asked 2 admins presented there to swap me back which took a few tries, they were Maestro and Mercman, BTW my team was also losing.

To tell a bit of my situation, I'm using WiFi from my landlord, the router is located upstair, so my connection is pretty weak therefore I use a WiFi Adapter to boost the coverage in the house. It's a device to make a new network using connection from a main network. That device however disconnect sometimes which give me lag, so I often switch back and forth between it and my main wireless.

Last night, I had issues during the first campaign but it got worse during the finale when I was on infected turn, I couldn't even move Cus of constant spikes up to over 1000. I stayed til the end since it's almost over. As soon as campaign ends I went to take off the adapter and connect to my main WiFi. The loading screen kept going so I thought I didn't get dropped from server, however as soon as new game load in I got auto disconnected. So I closed my game and relaunched it immediately , I did NOT wait around. I'm sure admins know the game keeps the client in game for a bit after they already no longer connected, which is what happened. The scramble apparently happened when I was no longer there, so I couldn't know which team I was on.

If someone had asked me in a calm manner to come back, I would have. Instead we played a bit , only until we reached the safe house that Jkap started asking me why I'm on the other side, and constantly calling me a stacker. Like Clony said above, someone else took my spot by swapping, that there is a stacker. Wrongfully accused I tried to explain what happened to which is brushed off, it carried on for a few minutes before Jkap asked me to come back. It wouldn't have been a big deal if that the first thing he had said instead of wildly accused me for something I did not do. I then went to the other team, however since he threatened to bring this to forum I decided to quit and talked to an admin instead of continue the argument in game which distract the players. Besides I had hoped that admin would have been able to check the console and see that I wasn't lying.

GC Server Admin

It was getting a bit hectic in there - it does take sometime to workout who took who's spot when people are joining, leaving, switching teams especially when games are brutal at times, but we did get there in the end.    Let's not make a drama out of this please.

We Admins try to do our best in putting people back in their team when they disconnect, but sometimes it cannot be done immediately when they reconnect.  Sorry for being a bit slow on this matter.  

• Like 1

The first proves she was on the infected teamhttp://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=270186770

The second proves I was on her team (hence your argument is her staying on my team): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=270186787

The third proves she leaves because her wifi is still unstable and she has to fix ithttp://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=270186802

Let me clarify why I put this. It seems to be angled towards her leaving and then joining back on my team, not because of a disconnection.

Well this shows she was on my team to begin with and she STILL disconnected because of her problems.

Edited by MurderinClony

First of all, she was on your team for 10 mins and she did not switch over, I TOLD her if she could move over. and she DIDNT!!

after she did switch over, she Left the game!!! you can Ask some members who was in game with me

ask shepard. While I don't have the Screenshots for proof ( and that's my fault)

and those LAST two screenshots are invalid, we were on "NO mercy: apartments"

those last two screenshots are the third part of this MAP!!! ( which is sewers)    I know that kitchen from anywhere and that is not stage that this issue happened on!!!!

so stop clony

and Charon...? ask you NICELY? I asked you and I didn't call you a stacker!!

I was talking about how people leave the game and rejoin the game just to be on the other team

"its called stacking and there was a issue on the fourms about this abuse" Because its true and people do abuse this

you did not see me type," OH CHARON IS SUCK A STACKER" those words never came out of my mouth so stop.

charon i understand your WIFI problem but that's no excuse to no switch back to your old team.

and on those last two screen shots,  your on the same team as Clony but at the start of the game, you wasn't.

I never refused to  go back, I was defending myself by telling why that happened. I did not know which team i was on, but what you said to me last night was implicating that I DO KNOW and did leave and rejoin INTENTIONALLY. 

Also that game wasn't 10 minutes. It also took you until the end of map to bring that up, until you brought it up I had NO IDEA. How can I get you to understand that ?

You did not call me a stacker, but it was well implicated by saying " "its called stacking and there was a issue on the fourms about this abuse" (exact quote) , then continue saying you will bring this to the forum. I want no drama (or this to happen) so I TRIED to make you understand the situation, IN GAME, but that didn't go that smoothly.