Drunk Englishman in France

MPG1770

GC Server Admin

This happened to an Englishman in France who was totally drunk.
The French policeman stops his car and asks the gentleman if he has been drinking. With great difficulty, the Englishman admits that he has been drinking all day, that his daughter got married in the morning to a French man, and that he drank champagne and a few bottles of wine at the reception and a quite few glasses of single malt there after.
Quite upset, the policeman proceeds to alcotest (breath test) him and asks the Englishman if he knows under French Law why he is going to be arrested.
The Englishman answers with humour: No sir, I do not! But while we're asking questions, do you know that this is a British car and my wife is driving... on the other side???

• Like 1

Just to backed up the "joke" of our Englishman.

Similar situation happened to my mom. She and her friend were coming back home from a party, and mom's friend was driving a car. The car was made in Japan for local market, but was later sold to Russia, meaning its stirring wheel is on the right side.

They've been stopped by a policeman for speeding. He walked up from the left side (normal driver side), asked for document and my mom opened her window telling him that she has no driving license or any document on the car. It took about 5 minutes to explain why she is sitting on the driver side with no documents and she doesn't even know how to drive. Good laughs and speeding was successfully forgotten. 

post-4213-0-70577000-1403301987.gif