Schedule, other things...

Flitterkill

It's 6pm Eastern and a ton of shirts have shown up at my doorstep.

Currently producing badges, then I hit the shirts. I'll post pics of how it flies.

Theoretically this stuff ships out tomorrow for arrival Thursday, worst case it shows Friday.

Thursday mid-afternoonish the doors open for setup at Black Wolf Hall. This would be a grand time to post up who's showing up when and so on.

Renegade is showing up, he has the wires and such. Someone out there (mom? Renegade?) has the networking switches. Fatty has the cable modem.

Seating is wherever you like. Like last year, you'll have a ton of room.

AC has been assuredly working. Good luck!

I'll try, by late tonight or tomorrow, to get the waivers sent out. make sure you bring a signed one with you. There will be extras to sign on site. 

Do your fellow LAN folk a solid by printing out a virus scan report before packing up and bring it with you?

I'll also need someone to semi-coordinate collection of money from people who are incapable of using the storefront :) and getting that back to me. Or, maybe they can use the interwebs and a CC and just do the deed onsite?

Please take pictures (and vid if you feel it). No reason not to. We've lost a year or two already of FFO pics to the hoary mists of internet time (some possibly on Flickr but walled off in now-private accounts and probably forgotten).

Anything else? Bank and ATM a few feet away from the venue for those that may have forgotten or haven't been there before.

Uhhhh....

Yeah.

-Fk

PS: Food Friday night might be taken care of. If you like pizza.

(edited)

OH MY GOD!! Its finally hitting me that I wont be there.  So sad! This had better happen again next year! My next kid wont be going to college for another 7 years, so I have plenty of time for more Frag Fests and hanging with my friends! Have fun you lucky bastards.

Shaftiel

Edited by shaftiel

(edited)

OH MY GOD!! Its finally hitting me that I wont be there.  So sad! This had better happen again next year! My next kid wont be going to college for another 7 years, so I have plenty of time for more Frag Fests and hanging with my friends! Have fun you lucky bastards.

Shaftiel

There better be one next year.  I'm up for next year.  This year didn't turn out with $$$ and grad school.

Edit: Yah, Jack and I are coming - just on Saturday though.

Edited by Girlzilla

GC Board Member

Man, that was some warm work.

Things learned:

1) GC logo will need to be bigger for L, Xl and above. M is alright. Mostly. Will prep an order for that stuff soon before they hit the store.

2) Giant FFO logo would have been nice, as it is, just a breast patch. Xtras are present. Swap as needed for those that did not specify colors or anything. Those that did shall have their stuff baggied and accounted for. Might still be an op for a swap but at least yours will be initially accounted for.

3) Apologies for slight misalignments. Should be mostly/all good.

4) Any tragic washer accidents hit me up and we'll get replacements.

5) Some of you will be lucky to get an Authentic Pigment shirt. Generously sized (especially length) and pigment dye is the bee's knees. Gildan is a solid choice but it's gonna be hard not to make these the official GC shirt stock. Champion longsleeves are fantastic as well. None include in the shipment to Stow but there are many Champion shirts in the batch too. Again, unless accounted for it;s first come, first served. Next year this will be mucho betters as this FFO thing is also a test run for the GC store.

230PM Eastern now, chillin with some food, will start shipment packing soon, then an errand or two before making sure this hits FedEx by 430 or so for pickup.

Worst case scenario it arrives on Friday.

Xtra shirts can be returned my way after the contest, some shirts feel free to use as prizes - there are a few GC so you get an idea of what they will be like in the store (but bigger). Like Mass Effect? Do you yearn to manufacture YMIR mechs? Well ok then.

GC Board Member

Camer.jpg

That should be a wrap on my end. Stuff is away and out of my hands.

Some of the badges have been cut out, others not. Get to work! Cut cut cut!

I've included two types of lanyards. Single swivel like last year or, new, two line lanyards. See the example above. Just punch a couple holes a little way in from the top corners and then from the front insert one end of a line. The shoelace tips are engineered to catch on the other side.

Is there a Wednesday night BBQ?

Golf on Thursday morning?

<shrugs>

If you show up at my house, I will feed you and we can put back some brews.

Golf may be a long shot for me....have my girls and one of them has to be at volleyball from 9-11 tomorrow morning.

Flitter, your work amazes me.....and you've never even been to an FFO.

Could you take singles photos of everyone there with a  game name description!    I've posted my pics in the gallery I'd like to put faces with all the voices/names.    I narrowed down a good hand full from last years pictures  but still missed many.    

Hopefully my life wont be in such a dreadful mess when this rolls around again.

Could you take singles photos of everyone there with a game name description! I've posted my pics in the gallery I'd like to put faces with all the voices/names. I narrowed down a good hand full from last years pictures but still missed many.

Hopefully my life wont be in such a dreadful mess when this rolls around again.

Prfff, you always Can get my pictures for your desktop wallpaper, no need to mask it with such request.