Possible TF2 Server?

ADogX

I'm sure this has been asked, but I wanna know myself what you guys think. It'd be cool if we had a TF2 server. The game is fun...but boring with randoms x.x i was thinking we have an Arena_2Fort map. with the RTD (Roll The Dice) on it. makes it really fun. i mentioned the idea of a TF2 server, so i decided to ask everyone here (yes pump im stealing the credit xD) tell me what you guys think

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be very interested in running it.  I really do miss TF2, and have nearly as many hours into it as I do L4D2.  I'm not sure what it takes to start up a TF2 server, but I'd be interested to find out.

We can get it set up easily enough, what we need is a real and true commitment from a couple people to actually commit to it. Starting a server is easy, establishing it is not as easy. Many times we've set up stuff and then the people who clamored for them more or less walked away a month later and started playing on other servers.  

So you two - do you have the time to put in? 

I start a new job Monday, but I am off at 2:30pm Mon-Fri.  I start at 6AM though, so I wouldn't be on late at night.  PM me and let me know what kind of commitment you're looking for.

My only issue is that my laptop can't run it, however, im at one of my friend's house a lot, and he has an extra computer he lets me use, so i can play TF2 and watch over the server. then im gonna have him mess with my laptop and TF2 itself to run on lowest settings and make certain things invisible so it'd run easier before i leave for college. since it's one of the games i play the most, i'd have no trouble

i've known the guy for 7 years. he built the computer for me to use anyway. he and another one of my friends have been messing with my laptop lately and they said they'll mess with it so it can run TF2. I've run TF2 on my mom's old laptop that has Windows Vista x.x and it was only slightly laggy. i have a Dell laptop with Windows 8, so it should run better. but because it's a laptop i haven't even attempted running TF2 yet lol

i'll say this much, i've never set up a server at all x.x but i have watched over and did the usual kick/ban/warn/adminduties on servers before. that's the best im able to do, unless someone teacher me otherwise

I worked on the last one a bit after the first owner got busy.  I can help get this (technically) up and running, but probably starting next week.  If someone wants to PM with me some details I might be able to get to it on a free night this week. 

I used to play tons of TF2 but have been away for a while, so I most likely will not be keeping it going every night, but I can fix it if it breaks, etc.

I can help get it up and running with plugins and such. Then keep up to GC standards. I don't want to take a lead because my schedule is always changing so I can't dedicate any certain time to it.

That is the big question. Roll the dice is always popular so I can see that being on there. I personally like CTF but we want a populated server so whatever is the most popular gamemode we will probably go with that.

CTF definitely is popular, but with Arena, I feel it offers a more competitive experience, and being fun all the same. In CTF people run on their own like CoD noobs, but when playing Arena, people learn to be smarter since they only have one life per round. And when it's one person left on each team, it gets intense watching who will win. Plus, out of all Arena maps, Arena_2Fort attracts a lot of players. I could see that as a big crowd drawer. Plus Roll the Dice makes Arena games even more fun