Possible TF2 Server?

ADogX

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(edited)

Hypothetical suggestion:

1. CTF_Doublecross- its different and still a top 10 map. I would specifically avoid 2fort despite its popularity. Turbine would also be a good choice for a ctf map.

2. pl_frontier

3. pl_badwater

4. cp_dustbowl                 2-5 all top 10 maps

5. plr_hightower

6. cp_lazytown- seems fun

7. cp_degrootkeep- fun and stupid melee map

8. cp_baloonrace- my personal favorite stupid/fun map

9.   TBD stock

10. TBD custom

Edited by Slim

ok i think if we have 5 maps, it should be 1 of each game mode at least. CTF, Arena, Payload, Capture Point, and...well idk a 5th mode unless we get the Balloon Race. as for player count, 24 seems like a reasonable amount

I am gonna start and excel sheet with maps and plugins you guys want to see on the server.

Now to get into the actual set-up of the server. Is it going to be insta-spawn or timed? Ranks or no ranks? Just anything anyone thinks is good and will attract players suggest and it will be talked about. 

how does TF2 handle respawns on the config side? Different game modes have different schemes, like payload uses wave respawns while cp maps use individual timers. is there a way to make it each maps default? Do defaults exist?

the game is balanced for timed respawn.

RTV is pretty nice for TF2 since stalemates are inevitable.

I would say a different timer for different maps works well.  A delayed spawn (10 sec) works well for Payload maps.  For CP, 5 seconds is good.  Instaspawn imbalances some maps too much.

Also, HLstatsX is the way to go for ranking.  I definitely think we need ranking on the server to build up some regulars that like to stay on top of the ranks.  Hell I play on L4D2 just so I can keep my rank up.

One other mod we should try that I haven't seen in a long time is the UT2004 death callouts.  Basically if somone gets more than 1 kill, you hear "DOUBLE KILL", and then "MONSTER KILL", etc...

Kinda fun when dominating. 

Other than that, keep it vanilla.  I highly suggest Toyfort or Lazytown as a couple CP maps.  Loads of fun on that!

I have looked into plugins very little. Gonna mess around with that probably this weekend. 

Main reason for no 2fort is that A I never saw servers play it unless it was 24/7 and B anytime a server would switch to it everyone would leave. Plus, the trend was CP and PL