FFO 2014 After Thoughts

Fatty

Ok, to anyone who was there for our post-event discussion, and to anyone who was there at all, and to anyone who has any input, let's gather it here as we consider next year.

Thoughts:

-NPI (Mav's company) will sponsor 2 very nice door prizes next year

-We'd like to see 50 people.

-Incentives (some sort of discount) for anyone who brings someone new to FFO (preregistered)

-Dirty has some thoughts about website needs / updates / information, please post

-FK, do you need someone to take the FF website updates, etc (photo album creations, links to forums, etc)

-While a hotel would be nice, the venue's positives still outweigh the driving factor (power, internet speed being two main huge positives)

Those dates would very likely not work for me, but I am only one voice. I don't know if I have a recurring conflict for that weekend net year, but since my family reunion has been that weekend the last two years (and I've skipped it both times for FF) if the reunion is that weekend I will not be able to make it to FF.

Having food on-site (thanks Fatty and Ren and CrouchingLouisHiddenZoey!!) was really nice.  We should plan a meal-plan for next year that people can buy into if they want.  Possibly a beverage plan as well. 

Pre-signups for tournaments.

Get someone to build a hotel across the street.

• Like 1

btw, before I forget, let me make this observation:

During the meeting Sunday before we split, one of the things I brought up was playing on our public server, being there, representing GC, etc....it was mentioned that our server is pretty popular.

Ok, it is in the 98th percentile, but still like ranked 600th...however, we were talking about building FFO, which starts with the CS following.

Now, onto my observation: i looked at my friends list, and I had 8 different friends playing CS:GO (not in a match, just playing).  Guess how many were in our server?  None, it was empty.  Back in the day I NEVER played anywhere but our server (still won't)...i sat there and waited for one other person, then we messed around (and actually talked!  what?!?!) until a game started.  I couldn't stand being on a server that wasn't up to our standards.

Just saying, guys.....if your goal is to build FFO some, there's some wrench time involved.  If your more important goal is to play a fast game of CS in a full server.....well, that won't build FFO.

True to a point. Not sure if you've been following much but Turnbull turned that csgo server way around. 600 is still good but he had it better than 250 not too long ago.

The nut is L4D2 players - who *way* outnumber our csgo players (I suspect in Coalition memberships as well) - gotta crack why we are getting almost zilch from that.

Now, onto my observation: i looked at my friends list, and I had 8 different friends playing CS:GO (not in a match, just playing).  Guess how many were in our server?  None, it was empty.  Back in the day I NEVER played anywhere but our server (still won't)...

Part of it is that GO is a different world now with CMM competitive match making.   A lot of us want to play matches competitively.

Get someone to build a hotel across the street.

Lol YES!!!

Edited by Girlzilla

Now, onto my observation: i looked at my friends list, and I had 8 different friends playing CS:GO (not in a match, just playing).  Guess how many were in our server?  None, it was empty.  Back in the day I NEVER played anywhere but our server (still won't)...

Part of it is that GO is a different world now with CMM competitive match making.   A lot of us want to play matches competitively.

Absolutely...we discussed this.  The match creation part is something I always dreamed of.  This game was meant to be played as a team (many of our thousands of bans were probably due to people not getting that) This is just when people are pubbing that I'm speaking about.

Absolutely...we discussed this.  The match creation part is something I always dreamed of.  This game was meant to be played as a team (many of our thousands of bans were probably due to people not getting that) This is just when people are pubbing that I'm speaking about.

OOooooo.  OK, welp, when I pub, I only GC! :P

Those dates would very likely not work for me, but I am only one voice. I don't know if I have a recurring conflict for that weekend net year, but since my family reunion has been that weekend the last two years (and I've skipped it both times for FF) if the reunion is that weekend I will not be able to make it to FF.

I am sure we can go back a weekend or something since we are talking about it this early on.

Breakout is also wreaking havoc on this, in order to complete missions you usually need to be on a non GC server (Casual, Deathmatch, CMM, whatever that bomb one is)

But I think this means we need a GC 5v5 server instead of scopeless.

Server hmmmm, I did not know there was another community server beside ours.  I must be stuck in a rut, that's ok I like ruts and I will stay with the GC Server.

By the way, I have been playing this game for a long time with allot of old timers, Fatty and me beta tested along with a select few other.  We may be getting slower,

we may not have the kill ratio anymore but we were both on top at one time.  We know how to game and we know how to have fun the clean way.

I hope everyone looks at FFO next year.  We are going to give away a huge monitor and also a great wired or wireless headset.

Fatty had three kids there and I had three.  This Is what is meant by passing on the torch to the younger generation.

Tot he attendees, Mother thank you for all the hard work, Tomatoes thanks for the organization skills,  Fatty thanks for the laughs, Renegade thanks for showing not how to take of headsets

GL thanks for playing with us old guys and helping the new ones.  

To my kids it is great sharing FFO with you and I hope you all go for years to come. 

I am waiting for my next 4 days of fun with friends and family.

• Like 1

LOL Renegade slammed his headset down so hard Mya (Buddy) took off her headset and stared over the monitors at him...."Dad, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, honey...I just shot him in the back to finish the round......"

Renegade continues to fume, "I alt-tabbed out!!!"

Mya: "Daddy, what's going on?"

Fatty: "I got like 3 kills, that was one of them...and it felt amazing.....but he's unhappy."

Mya: <blank stare>

a few minutes later

Fatty to Renegade: "Mya was very concerned about what happened.  I think you scarred her for life."

Renegade offers my children skittles.

Fatty realizes that Renegade just might be that one Ice Cream Man that you keep your kids away from.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

SO. Yes/No?

I would be able to go this year (2015) if we were to have it again.  Might even take my son, he will be on summer break from college.

Anyway, just had not heard or seen any moves towards planning for FFO2015 in a while, and would like to know if its an option.

Shaftiel

btw, before I forget, let me make this observation:

During the meeting Sunday before we split, one of the things I brought up was playing on our public server, being there, representing GC, etc....it was mentioned that our server is pretty popular.

Ok, it is in the 98th percentile, but still like ranked 600th...however, we were talking about building FFO, which starts with the CS following.

Now, onto my observation: i looked at my friends list, and I had 8 different friends playing CS:GO (not in a match, just playing).  Guess how many were in our server?  None, it was empty.  Back in the day I NEVER played anywhere but our server (still won't)...i sat there and waited for one other person, then we messed around (and actually talked!  what?!?!) until a game started.  I couldn't stand being on a server that wasn't up to our standards.

Just saying, guys.....if your goal is to build FFO some, there's some wrench time involved.  If your more important goal is to play a fast game of CS in a full server.....well, that won't build FFO.

True to a point. Not sure if you've been following much but Turnbull turned that csgo server way around. 600 is still good but he had it better than 250 not too long ago.

The nut is L4D2 players - who *way* outnumber our csgo players (I suspect in Coalition memberships as well) - gotta crack why we are getting almost zilch from that.

It all started about this time last year.   Hopefully the chill brings the will yet again!    I just can't play 6 hours a day everyday like I did last winter all year long....   but I have begun to turn people down for CMM and in the process tell them I'm pubbing first