General L4D2 Chat

Pumpernickel

This thread isn't intended for serious discussion per se but it can't be. It's more of s thread to just talk about good and bad times on the server. We have topics getting a little out of hand with unrelated side chat so let's focus that here. Lastly, don't use this as a means to stir the pot with other players.

There needs to be a Leave Peanut Alone video by that Chris Crocker guy. Peanut is such a nice admin. Let him live his life, you monsters!

Edited by Pumpernickel
  • Like 1

Is anyone else sick of laser sights?  They seem to break the very thing that balances out most of the guns.  Many trade power for accuracy and the laser sights completely ruin that.  Not only that, but it's one of the things that makes it harder for people who aren't used to the !buy system to keep up.

well, i have longshooted SI whit a laserless Silenced Submachine Gun and also had to leave behind weapons whit laser sight because lack of anmo.

i cant honestly say i mind the laser sight that much. 

hmmm i might focus my points on that just to see how it goes

sandwich inside of a sandwitch, Been There. Done That & Never Looked Back.

Is anyone else sick of laser sights?  They seem to break the very thing that balances out most of the guns.  Many trade power for accuracy and the laser sights completely ruin that.  Not only that, but it's one of the things that makes it harder for people who aren't used to the !buy system to keep up.

Same here. I find access to laser sights far too easy especially for good players who can buy one as soon they get out of the saferoom door. The points for laser should be on par with other guns. Or some sort of upkeep on lasers, like a 2 minute time limit before it needs to be repurchase again like !ammo.

Will th

Or some sort of upkeep on lasers, like a 2 minute time limit before it needs to be repurchase again like !ammo.

Oddly enough, I believe that can actually be done.

Will that only affect purchases or lasers picked up from a ammo case?

lasers? i haven't bought them ever in my stay here in the server.

Someone is a bad mammajamma. I think laser sight purchase should be scaled based on the weapon. Uzis and SMGs as well as AKs and Awps should be highest then take it from there down the weapon tier ladder. Also, GET RID OF THE MP5.

^

whenever i try a weapon with laser, i get confused on which to follow, the center cursor, or the damn light. also, the light moving all around is plain disturbing. :wacko:

and yes, the most horrible weapon ingame, "delay after reload", MP5.

• Like 1

Test, for someone as confident in their game like you, I'd expect you to know about using the laser sight. Just follow the cursor on the screen. Do not follow the laser because in spec mode it shifts around so much and that's how you know not to rely on it.

Edit: Get rid of the AWP too. No one uses that gun. I have a spreadsheet on gun usage on the server. Just a fun hobby is all.

Snow, I'll bust your chops next post.

ehh wouldn't that be even worse for players who don't get points...?

it might widen the gap between players but there should be some sort of tax on the laser for being so cheap in the first place. It grants such a huge difference that covers all the weakness of a sniper/rifle to a solid accuracy.

People still use the AWP. Not as often as before but given the opportunity to pick one up for free, they will take it.

(edited)

ehh wouldn't that be even worse for players who don't get points...?

there should be some sort of tax on the laser for being so cheap in the first place.
And can we also get a tax on fireworks? Make them more expensive than ALL the throwables. They're cheaper than molotovs which aren't spammed unlike fireworks. As far as I've seen, I'm the only one buying mollies as much as the fireworks users but I'm just an individual. XD

Oh. I hate the mp5 for everything that is. Literally. The icon, the aesthetics, the sound it produces, the seemingly low rate of fire for a gun its size, the damage output and bullet spread. It may be identical to the Uzi but I'm never going to look at that thing positively.

Edited by Pumpernickel

lasers? i haven't bought them ever in my stay here in the server.

Me too - I've never spent my points on laser sights. :wacko:

Also, there's always a handful of people typing !up rather than !buy in the chat. Could we make it so it doesn't appear in the chat (like how !buy doesn't appear on the chat and just pops up the menu). That would be great.