My sourcepawn samples, for you!

Sky

Hey guys, because I don't play left 4 dead 2 any longer, I decided to create a repo and upload a lot of my work.

This should be a solid for anyone who is interested in writing plugins for source, most specifically left 4 dead 2.

It features natives, forwards, and other more advanced techniques, but I'm fairly certain it's a great place to start for scripters at any level.

I, myself, am a novice scripter, and open-source tools helped me learn; I haven't found many plugins that do the sorts of things these do so hopefully they help someone out!

If you're into the more advanced stuff, try rumbling through the rum_rpg and /rpg/ code. It contains those pesky dynamic arrays, but most importantly, is a modularly-developed plugin, supporting as much content as configs you can generate.

https://github.com/exskye/ready_up

Enjoy!

awesome! that's a lot of work man. one thing I would suggest is try to get into the habit of doing function comments and comments where things get confusing. I'm horrible at commenting and sometimes it screws me

Sky

I had originally not commented the code due to having an autobiographical memory, and not having plans to release the code publicly, I just didn't find it necessary. When I used to write code that had multiple collaborators, there was always comments for any sections where it wasn't absolutely straight-forward. I've posted the code publicly so the people who want to run their own modular points or rpg plugin (rpg mode can be completely disabled in favour of a points only mode, or vice-versa) can, without having to pay a developer to do so. The great part about it being modular is it can be completely customized, so even if another server were using it, it could look entirely different. But providing the link to the git here should be helpful to anyone currently playing with source or anyone interested in modding for it. It also signifies my permanent departure from programming. I may update the code I post on the repo, when necessary, but it won't be an area of focus. I'm sure if it receives any attraction that someone else might pick up the projects.