Multiple Admin In One Server

dessa

Can there be some consensus to the fact if there's more than one admin on the server that at least one be on each team? It's getting rather annoying asking for admin help and it either not being seen or being ignored due to all admin currently on the server being on the same team.

Was playing Dark Carni and was hanging off the ledge of the coaster so I typed !getup only it didn't get me up back ON the rails I was INSIDE them. Asked for admin help twice on voice, when there was no answer I typed it in game. I had more than enough points for two heals and nothing was done. Whether they honestly weren't paying attention or just ignored the messages doesn't really matter to me you have a good 20 seconds as infected after you're dead to see the chat. There are plenty of people on this game who use nothing but chat to communicate.

Nothing was even said to me from either of the present admin (Maestro and Merc) until after the next round started and their team had already run out of the saferoom.

Again the whole reason for this post is so that hopefully a consensus can happen so that if there are multiple admin on one server that there's at least one per team so this stupid stuff doesn't happen anymore.

post-4513-0-02017200-1407352553_thumb.jpg

post-4513-0-56210300-1407352583_thumb.jpg

post-4513-0-13243400-1407352621_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

GC Server Admin

Sry, missed the chat, it happens when messages,etc go through so quickly and as it was so clearly hectic and noisy I had to give my ears a rest and turned off enemyvoice.

I'm in favour of having an admin on each team if there are 2 or more, but if an admin goes over to other side, no doubt there will be complaints of Admins stacking.

I can understand your frustration. In a perfect world there would be enough admins on that there would be at least one on each side, to deal with issues quicker. However, I can also understand how your verbal and writen requests in game were missed. I can't play that game 10v10, the noise and chaos are just too much for me to enjoy it lol.

Steam message is definitly an option, as is having admins be logged into our mumble server, so that they could have a clean channel for communication with interested members to better coordinate and respond to issues.

Shaftiel

• Like 1

Yes I could've messaged either one of them, but not everyone has even one of the admin added. Personally I have messages turned off if I'm in game so I don't see the pop ups and when they are turned on I never pay attention to them hardly. I'm not saying there always needs to be two admin on each team in both servers by any means. I'm simply stating that if there is more than one admin on one server can't there be one on each side so if someone needs help it can be dealt with and won't be missed?

• Like 1

On another server I used to play on you could send chats directly to admins. And it would come up big bold colors so the admin didn't miss it.

Maybe Jackie can add a sub channel for us to communicate to admins with?

And I have seen this used for admin to admin talk as well. Especially when conversing about a troublesome player.

Edited by Architect
  • Like 1

For the people who don't have the admins added there is a full list HERE. Also before you add all of them if you just play L4D2 only add the ones who actually play too.

Like Shaft said in a perfect world there would be an admin on each team. But, that isn't always the case and it isn't something we can just fix. Both teams may be full and there is no availability for an admin to switch or maybe if they switch it will create an imbalance in game play. My suggestion is to utilize the tools you do have; steam, mumble, member and admin only chat if L4D2 has that. 

Even if an admin had been on your there is still the high possibility that they wouldn't have responded with all the million things that go on during a game. I think the best course of action is to get back on and kill some zombies and not worry about something as little as this.

• Like 1

Even then, why not just use steam to message one of the two admins on? In-game chat is not the only way to solve the problem especially since the other team can read what you say.

Not everyone has admins as friends on their steam account.

(edited)

Even then, why not just use steam to message one of the two admins on? In-game chat is not the only way to solve the problem especially since the other team can read what you say.

Not everyone has admins as friends on their steam account.

Before you post again like this please read my post right above yours and if you can't find it I will paste it below.

For the people who don't have the admins added there is a full list HERE. Also before you add all of them if you just play L4D2 only add the ones who actually play too.

Edited by MaRvIn

Like Shaft said in a perfect world there would be an admin on each team. But, that isn't always the case and it isn't something we can just fix. Both teams may be full and there is no availability for an admin to switch or maybe if they switch it will create an imbalance in game play. My suggestion is to utilize the tools you do have; steam, mumble, member and admin only chat if L4D2 has that. 

Even if an admin had been on your there is still the high possibility that they wouldn't have responded with all the million things that go on during a game. I think the best course of action is to get back on and kill some zombies and not worry about something as little as this.

Really?? Not worry about "as little as this?". I thought this community is for the players, the enjoyment of everyone, if you can't even help solve the problem of a player, then what is the use of such position? Why not directly say that "we are admins, we are here to kick/ban annoying players, we ain't here to solve your individual problems. We have the right to join in a team which has my fellow colleague in it."

(edited)

I never said that admins have to join fellow admins. As I recall players are not supposed to choose their own team and just have it be random. Surely when this happened the server was full and so admin aren't allowed to simply switch players and risk throwing the balance of the game off. 

Like Architect said, maybe Jackie might be able to create something so that admins can see when players need help. Until then this is a problem that is going to happen and can't really be 100% controlled even if an admin were on her team. There are millions of reasons as to why an admin even on her team wouldn't have heard/seen what she was saying.

We strive to have everyone to enjoy the game, hence why I gave her some more options to use next time this problem occurs. I guess I was wrong when I thought the problem was pretty much solved by then until there is a better fix.

Edited by MaRvIn
  • Like 1

On another server I used to play on you could send chats directly to admins. And it would come up big bold colors so the admin didn't miss it.

Maybe Jackie can add a sub channel for us to communicate to admins with?

And I have seen this used for admin to admin talk as well. Especially when conversing about a troublesome player.

this exists I think. use chat prefix @

^ what Crasx said.

Also that situation had happened to me a few times before on the coaster, using " !stuck" works, also I think one won't die if fall from that height since if i remember correctly I had tried to jump back up and fell down before. 

Admins can hear and see chat on both teams.  Having an admin on each team will not significantly change the chance of them seeing and hearing things on the server.  With 20 players, and all the action, it is easy to miss things.

However, there are advantages to an admin on each team, as it is easier to see who is talking on your own team (if we don't know the person's voice), also it is easier to play infected and do admin duties, since the admin has a little down time in between attacks.  We often will ask the admin on the infected side to kick/ban rushers, etc.  Whenever possible, it is better to have an admin on each team, but not if it means stacking a team or swapping people mid round.

I like everything I see here.  In CSGO we don't always have an admin on both teams  but I usually try to work it out that way.  The good thing is our members usually tell us if admin help is needed on the other side.   Also CSGO is a lot less hectic  so problems are much easier to see.      The short few hours I played L4D2 I was trying to learning the game but even if Had not been trying to learn I can see it would be extremely difficult to spot things  even on the same team.  Except for rushers   they stick out :P

• Like 1