Wing Commander III - Free on Origin

Girlzilla

I actually never played 3 but I recall, tenuously, that Prophecy, the one (and last) that followed, was some weird released in episodes kinda thing (might have been free). I liked that one.

EDIT: I was close, but mostly right:

Towards the end of 1998, Wing Commander Secret Ops was a released freely over the Internet for a limited time, with missions being released in a weekly series of seven episodes. A stand-alone game, Secret Ops is the sequel to Wing Commander Prophecy featuring game-engine rendered cinematics and several new missions expanding the Prophecy story. After the free release closed, Secret Ops was included in the Wing Commander Prophecy Gold release with the first episode remaining available as a demo. Finally, in August 2008, Secret Ops was made freely available for download once again.

(edited)

I like the movie (yes, i'm one of those people), but never played it (yes, i'm bad). but it looks so, ahem ... old.

Yah, but it was pretty awesome for its time.  The 'swagger' after you come back from missions is so funny!

It's kind of like a pre-Mass Effect with all the talking you do between missions.

And SkyWalker!!! <3 lol

Edited by Girlzilla