Keep Getting Kicked for AFK in Spec - Member

sumbudy

I believe, unless you are an admin, it will kick you if you remain in spec.  I think members have a longer period of time until they are kicked than non-members, but Crash or Jackie would have tell you this.  When members join, they should be joining teams and kicking non-members.  I know some people feel bad about it, but you either need to join teams or leave the server, so others can get in.

One way to keep yourself in spectator as a member is type something in chat. Let it be in team or global, as long something goes in the chat, it shouldn't kick you out. Moving around and stalking players won't reset the kick timer. Not sure if this is intended system or not...

I believe, unless you are an admin, it will kick you if you remain in spec.  I think members have a longer period of time until they are kicked than non-members, but Crash or Jackie would have tell you this.  When members join, they should be joining teams and kicking non-members.  I know some people feel bad about it, but you either need to join teams or leave the server, so others can get in.

it just feels bad, ya know? Especially if somebody who you kick as a result of you joining has been a frequent member, but they just don't feel like paying. And then once I kick them I find out later they were either a really valuable member to the team or had like 50 something points already saved up...it just sucks and makes me feel bad. Which is why I always try to wait until there's an open spot rather than kicking the other person. This could also cause them to be like "WTH?" and then quit the server entirely, since it can tinkle people off. And it's weird since there's twelve, I repeat, TWELVE spots open for spectating, but only two people can take them up. Why is this? I think it would be a good idea if we open up all twelve spots, and then some people can go use the bathroom, or get some food, or just spectate good players and learn, while still being able to stay in the room and not be auto-kicked. And I don't think it'd be a terribly hard thing to do, since the current system already relies on a first-come, first-to-play basis.

GOLDEN RULE

edit: I have to admit though, not being auto-kicked was one of the primary reasons I became a member. So I guess it's also a good thing, since it's an incentive for non-members to be able to play....

Just makes me wonder if we should have a members-only and non-members "trial" server....do we have the money for that? @the server admins

Edited by scubiedoobie

Jackie should confirm, but I think we did this because the server crashes much more often with 22/22 players.  Could be wrong, though.

And it's weird since there's twelve, I repeat, TWELVE spots open for spectating, but only two people can take them up. Why is this?

Because there aren't actually 12 slots for spectators.  It says 12 because that's the amount of players that can occupy spectator slots, but that doesn't mean that there are room for 12 people to spectate while 20 others are playing.  There are 2 slots dedicated for spectators, and those are typically reserved for admins who need to dedicate time away from playing to squash an issue on the server that they can't delegate onto someone else or needs more of their attention they can't juggle between playing and adminning.  Admins are the only ones immune to getting kicked from being AFK too long because there really isn't a reason anyone other than an admin needs to be in spectate.  Either you should be playing in the server, or freeing up a spot on the server if you can't.

it just feels bad, ya know?

i actualy feel bad when i see menbers staying in afk waiting for a slot to open... lol

you guys paid for it, a warning would be good enough for me so i can pass on my points.

it just feels bad, ya know?

you guys paid for it, a warning would be good enough for me so i can pass on my points.

What points? Seriously, I think a flashing message only the player could see would be a nice addition. Also, Jackie, can I kick sympathetic members who don't join because they don't want to kick anyone? Spec campers?

Spec campers?

http://gamrs.co/forums/index.php?/topic/41634-hey-spec-campers/

To put it bluntly, people who sit in spec are not the only ones paying for membership.  There are tons of people else who have as well that could be trying to get into the server, but a slot is being occupied by someone who doesn't want to kick a non-member or just wants to watch.  As much as I would love to open stadium seating for people, I'm not going to have the server slots be more than 22.

• Like 2