Minecraft 1.8

Tirtul

Minecraft 1.8  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With update 1.8 to go live on September 2nd and with all the new people and stuff being added I would like to see what people want. If we start from scratch we could keep bukkit or we could mod the world in other ways if gives a fresh start but I know a lot of people have put many hours in and might not want to lose their hard work... If we do choose to reset the world it would be possible to move parts back over but that would be done on a case by case basis....if it even comes to that.

(edited)

Yes radio in addition to a start where players get to do things like fight the ender dragon and find fortress' in 1.8 there are a number of new blocks and with the size of the current world you would gave to venture pretty far out to find those new blocks.

Also just like the restart from the 1.6.4 world some structures could be moved to the new world... I won't move farms but it would be possible to move something like your lighthouse over for example

Edited by Tirtul

How feasible would it be to roll with seasons? Not in the seasons of the year sense but rather a new world a year? The old world could go read-only for exploring/viewing only; the new world lets everyone have the rush of newness. Rinse, repeat.

Just a thought.

It's a great idea, but with survival it would be tough to have something's built before the season sweeps them away... If a good version of multiverse was working having a seasonal creative world would be pretty cool

A restart sounds like it would be a lot of fun.  I've been keeping updated on the new updates and I've decided to go into it blind.  I would really enjoy a reset but ultimately I'll leave the decision to the players who have a more substantial base than I do.  However, I vote for a reset.  

Looking at stuff with a lot if the desire to fresh start, anything that gets moved over will get put into the creative area. That would be the most fair and easy way to do it, otherwise some will have full extravagant houses already setup while others are still huddled in dirt huts

my ocean hole has nothing at all to make me more advanced than the others, i don't mind to give up the treehouse though. :D

I think either  it should be all or none for everyone.  Weather it gives someone an advantage isn't really the point.  I think it's good just to have what we might want to keep is in a creative area, that you can either play in creative or survival, but let's the new world be completely new and fresh.  I wanted my little guest house but I like the ideal of it all being new.

How feasible would it be to roll with seasons? Not in the seasons of the year sense but rather a new world a year? The old world could go read-only for exploring/viewing only; the new world lets everyone have the rush of newness. Rinse, repeat.

Just a thought.

I've found people lose interest in much less time than a year... it's more like 4-5 months.  Restarting with a fresh map from scratch injects a lot of fresh interest for a lot of people.  You could keep the old maps backed up on the server, and on request or on special occasions load up old maps in the proper version for people to 'reminisce'.  Or like fk said you could use multiverse or an equivalent plugin to keep old maps on there read-only.