Never Forget

Fatty

I was driving to the store when I heard about it on the radio. It was a recap, "World Trade Center... Gone. The Pentagon... Gone". I thought it was some sort of comedy bit at first. After listening to the radio for a few more minutes I realized that it wasn't a joke, that we had been attacked. I turned the car around and raced home. Barged in, told my then wife, "The World Trade Center is gone, it collapsed after being hit by 2 planes!" She looked at me and said, "What?! I didn't hear any explosions." LOL, we were living in Long Beach at the time, and she had never been out of California. She thought the WTC was the one down the street. I just looked at her, confused and wondering wth she was talking about lol. "No" I said, "THE WORLD TRADE CENTER. Not this little po dunk thing here. THE FREAK'IN WORLD TRADE CENTER!" Then I turned on the TV and pointed. Watched it for the next 2 weeks, mostly because there wasn't anything else on at that time.

I thought I was pretty much over it, but I found myself tearing up a bit during a memorial bit on the radio the morning of the 11th.

Shaftiel

I was at work. The web was very new at the time and could not handle the load. We tried finding out what was going on and cnn was dead. I then went out to my car and listened to the radio and took notes. Went back inside and filled everyone in. No work was done that day.

• 11 months later...

I lived in Boston at the time and I remember seeing it on the news and it was just so surreal.  I went outside, it was so quiet and eerie.  (they had grounded all planes, and evacuated all the businesses and sent everyone home) by the time i woke up (10 or 11).  I remember the original news cast saying it was a cargo plane, also saying a helicopter was flying around first.    But yeh hoping we will never have to experience a loss like this again.

Since then, tens of thousands who survived have been diagnosed with different cancers, from exposure to the poisonous carcinogens that were released into the air.  And these people are dying.  The tragedy continues. :(

• 2 weeks later...