What song are you listening to atm?

stabz0r

Warren G is my dude, always down for some G-Funk. I just listened to that EP for the first time last night, I am digging it.

I do wish that it was just a Dre album instead of a featuring album, which I get because its a soundtrack but it would be nice to just have a Dre/Dogg Pound/NWA/Westside Connections based album though.

I get that. I came up with Dre being the guy that brought things together, produced classic beats better than anyone, and occasionally dropped in to rap. Definitely not disappointed with this new one, but I've heard from a lot of friends saying they wish it was Dre rapping over Dre beats. 

I don't necessarily even want to listen to Dre rap, he's not the best rapper out there but I still have love for his rhymes. I just want a real West Coast album for that soundtrack, I know it wouldn't be easy to get some of those old crews together to make an album, so we have all these newer emcees on Dre beats. Still a pretty good album, still love Dre. 

I don't know if anyone is familiar with Dam Funk but he makes some nice current G-Funk.

7 Days of Funk - Dam Funk and Snoop Dogg

NSFW

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Front Bottoms have been recommended to me for a while, but I never really got into it. Felt a little too poppy and the lyrics a little too emo.

For some random reason I decided to give them another listen on the new album and got hooked. I've been going back through some of their older stuff and getting into that, too.

From their new album, just out last week. 

• Like 1

Front Bottoms have been recommended to me for a while, but I never really got into it. Felt a little too poppy and the lyrics a little too emo.

For some random reason I decided to give them another listen on the new album and got hooked. I've been going back through some of their older stuff and getting into that, too.

From their new album, just out last week. 

Something about it reminds me of Against Me! but at the same time it is far from them, either way I dig it.

• Like 1

That kid is so amazing on the mic.... that vocabulary is awesome, and yes that is the correct time to use awesome because I am in awe.

Love me some Rugged Man too, glad to see him discover such an amazing emcee.

Edit- Didn't get to finish the video the other day, that is crazy that he got to work with DJ Premier.

Edited by Madvillain
  • Like 1

I'm being selfish, but I hope the new album has a few tracks like this. There's a career limit to how long you can keep putting out albums about blacking out and getting stupid -- not like dude is 18, either. If Slug still has a say in artist development, Prof is in good hands. Either way, looking forward to the new album. 

By the way, you see him on Sway?

I'm being selfish, but I hope the new album has a few tracks like this. There's a career limit to how long you can keep putting out albums about blacking out and getting stupid -- not like dude is 18, either. If Slug still has a say in artist development, Prof is in good hands. Either way, looking forward to the new album.

Agreed, he is in good hands if Slug mentors and helps him grow. Slug is a perfect example of how an emcee should grow, grow up but still bring the stories and the fire.

By the way, you see him on Sway?

I did not see that yet, I think I unsubscribed somewhere along the way... Re-subscribed and dug the interview.

One of my favorite Sway moments, Wayne Brady killing the 5 fingers of death freestyle challenge.

Edited by Madvillain
  • Like 2